What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up this morning with a sore throat. So it seem right that I open a bottle of 2012 Elderberry. And definitely a good choice, very full bodied, nice mouthfeel.

Got up this morning with a sore throat. So it seem right that I open a bottle of 2012 Elderberry. And definitely a good choice, very full bodied, nice mouthfeel.

Julie
The first thing when I read this is that you woke up with a sore throat and started to drink Elderberry - until I realized what time you posted - LOL

Julie
The first thing when I read this is that you woke up with a sore throat and started to drink Elderberry - until I realized what time you posted - LOL

Well that might not been a bad idea! I would have gotten rid of this sore throat sooner, :)

Getting better

Cherry Chocolate. Was not good at bottling but after 3 mos it is much better. Will try in 6 months again.

The 2010 was way better IMHO than the 2012 but it only got 90pts WS. I bought a Double Mag last Winter of the 2010 when it was on sale just to have one in the Cellar. Someday! :p

I haven't been able to find the 2010, but can still grab a 2011 here and there. The 2012, though not as good, is still a good value. Let me know when you're going to crack that 2010. :D

Have not seen the 2010 since last year. I did buy 3-4 of the 2011's and they were so so but still good. That was a very bad year for WA, OR and CA so being very careful with what I buy from that year. Very hit and miss. I also snagged a 2010 Les Chevaux (Bordeaux blend) Double Mag. 90pts WS. That was one of my all time favorite H3 wines :hug

Sampling the Eclipse Barolo tonight. Almost 14 months old, but still has that 'sweet, young kit wine' taste. But it has solid potential and is good now. I'll try another at 18 months. Or maybe sooner. :D

Work night, a couple of glasses of S.P. and sleep like a baby. Usually keep the good stuff for the weekend nights when I can enjoy them. Arne.

2013 Viognier from Horton Vineyards right here in Virginia. It is excellent.

finished a D&O Cellars Concord. I moved the wine racks this weekend and took inventory of what I have. I need to raid Julie's wine cellar.....

2009 Bookwalter Antithesis with deep dish pizza from the windy city!

00lan5w90i79c_375x500.jpg

Mike: Are you out of pizza yet, or do you have a dedicated freezer for storing all those pies? :)

Latest posts

Back