What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tis covered 100% on my service policy. Now to wait for the part. Hopefully wil be working this weekend. Yes I have other TV's just not in that comfortable room.

Today I finished making a wine glass holder. Its held up just by simple chains.

WineGlassholder.jpg

Just got done blowing 12" of snow out of my driveway. On vacation this week so Its a lot better doing it now, rather than after working a 12 hour day.

Just got done blowing 12" of snow out of my driveway. On vacation this week so Its a lot better doing it now, rather than after working a 12 hour day.

Well, that's because you live in "Little Alaska." I remember Mike and I taking Jason back to school after Thanksgiving and snow would be knee deep.

Nice wine rack.

Julie

Learning that I should have made about 10 to 15 gallons instead of 6. My luck it wouldn't have turned out as good if I had made that much..lol:ib

This snow blows! We finally got it. I blew out 10" last night from the driveway and just came in 45 minutes ago from blowing out another 10-12". Forecast is calling for another 6-12 by Sunday morning...Holy Crap I just ran out to take a picture and 3-4 more inches already fell in the driveway. It looks like a freshly shaken snow globe out there. I guess its another good day to rack.

Jan22010.jpg

Say man, you better run out there and close your mailbox or it too will soon be filled with snow! I will trade you some of that snow for some of this cold!

easy for you to say Julie, your mailbox isn't going to be the one filled with snow.

Must have pushed it open when blowing the snow. Oh Well the mailman will be here in another couple of hours and it'll be ok till then. A little snow is a lot better than when we filled a neighbors mail box with a bunch of field mice when we were kids. You should have seen the mailmans face when they ran out, right up his arm.:):):):):).

easy for you to say Julie, your mailbox isn't going to be the one filled with snow.

And we are only getting about 6" of snow by tommorrow night and my husband is the one who will be plowing out the driveway :):):):):):)

Julie

This snow really sucks I swear we got at least another two feet today. I cleared my deck pretty much off yesterday and the snow is now up to the railings. As you can see even my grill is snowed in! I did get some wine racked today and kicked some *** playing WII. They say no let up in the snow till tomorrow some time.
Jan32010.jpg

LOL. I was wondering how you people up there in "Little Alaska" were doing. We ended up only getting around 2" so Mike didn't even bother plowing out the driveway. We both have 4 wheel drive so it isn't a big issue. But it sure was a blusterly day today! We reached a total of 16 degrees!

On a sad note I am trying to talk myself into why I love my job! I have been off since the 23rd of December. Tomorrow is going to be really rough. :(

I am shooting for a 2 hour delay. Even though I will go in at my usual time it will at least be quite.

Julie

Alright, no more complaining about the snow. Now I am bragging! We have clearly gotten over four feet of snow and still have snow advisories through tomorrow night. It would really suck if I had to use this door to escape. :r In reality though I would rather have this snow than the temperatures you guys are having out west and what Troy is having in Fairbanks. Hopefully it'll blow out of here and head further east.

Jan42010.jpg

Kim Chee will cure your cold.

Well even at -30F life doesn't stop. Today it warmed up to like -15F still cold but not that big of a thing.

I realize "ya'll" dont see it like we do, and we don't like it either, we adapt, or move somewhere warm. Most of us are broke so we adapt.

When I woke up Saturday and seen -35F I knew it was just a cold day. Sometimes things just don't always work out the way you want.

So I made my famous Kim Chee. It is hot garlicky, and just plain old nasty. The cats are hiding under the bed. After it sits on the fridge for a week or so, the smell of the wine fermenting will be nothing more than a FRTING .

I am not one to brag about my own cooking, or other things to follow, but this is a mean batch of Kim Chee. Only a Korean could appreciate the eye watering aroma from the garlic and hot peppers coming from this.

Yikes. Or as they would say in Korean....Yikes!!!!

:D
Troy

Well, here in Canada's Hawaii (Vancouver Island) there is a light mist falling and I'm trying to decide if I should bottle some wine or go for a bicycle ride. :db

Alright, no more complaining about the snow. Now I am bragging! We have clearly gotten over four feet of snow and still have snow advisories through tomorrow night. It would really suck if I had to use this door to escape. :r In reality though I would rather have this snow than the temperatures you guys are having out west and what Troy is having in Fairbanks. Hopefully it'll blow out of here and head further east.

Jan42010.jpg

All I can say is WOW! I would hope that you do have a do that you can use for escape if you were needing to.

Julie

Well even at -30F life doesn't stop. Today it warmed up to like -15F still cold but not that big of a thing.

I realize "ya'll" dont see it like we do, and we don't like it either, we adapt, or move somewhere warm. Most of us are broke so we adapt.

When I woke up Saturday and seen -35F I knew it was just a cold day. Sometimes things just don't always work out the way you want.

So I made my famous Kim Chee. It is hot garlicky, and just plain old nasty. The cats are hiding under the bed. After it sits on the fridge for a week or so, the smell of the wine fermenting will be nothing more than a FRTING .

I am not one to brag about my own cooking, or other things to follow, but this is a mean batch of Kim Chee. Only a Korean could appreciate the eye watering aroma from the garlic and hot peppers coming from this.

Yikes. Or as they would say in Korean....Yikes!!!!

:D
Troy

Hi Troy

I was talking to my step son on the phone last night and he was crying about how cold it was (he lives in Tega Cay, SC) it was a frigid 36 degrees! I told he didn't know what cold was until he came back home becasue our highest has only been around 24 degrees! I guess neither one of us knows what cold is :d

Kim Chee!!!!! I've never had it but I have a son who lives in Seoul.

Julie

Latest posts

Back