White Christmas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
For all of you who live in the Sunny South and are wishing for a White Christmas.....this is how the Northerners have to live.....

December the 'Cold Moon'

2005-12-21_104010_December....Cold_Moon.jpg

Yes it is kind of pretty.....But no birds in my birdbath.....

2005-12-21_104306_Pretty.jpg

Sunny and bright.....

2005-12-21_104815_Cold_Morning.jpg

Clean and fresh.....dormant vines and canes

2005-12-21_105013_Vines_&_Canes.jpg

We will not only have a White Christmas....we have a white January, February and March.....
So, send us some photos of your Christmas.....green grass....leaves on the trees...You know...the stuff we dream of....Thanks

Yes, cold stablization....it cleans out our senses...lots of crystals.....purifies everything....It's pretty, but think I need a warm vacation!!!!

Northern Winos said:
Yes, cold stablization....it cleans out our senses...lots of crystals.....purifies everything....It's pretty, but think I need a warm vacation!!!!

I hear ya. We're supposed to get a warm spell over christmas, a high of 35ish -- Time to break out the shorts.

We've also had some snow in May - although rare - but possible.
smiley5.gif

Excellent photos NW! I'll have to try to post a few "downeast' Maine winter
shots too.

Meanwhile, I echo your desire to see palm trees, hibiscus, whatever is green
and growing...

Bill

Absolutely beautiful!

I used to live in Fairbanks, AK and I still remember those long cold spells. That could be one of the reasons that we now live in Dallas!

I miss Christmas in Hawaii on the beach relaxing in the sun and having a drink...

peterCooper said:
I gotta get some photos of Huntsville, just to make you guys jealous!

And PeterCooper, you be in those photos wearing shorts and a t-shirt.....and let there be green grass [on the ground] and leaves on the trees.....NW

BTW....we lots alot of our snow today, above normal temps and rain on the way...most probably freezing rain....so, more ice..
smiley19.gif

Just got a email from my local wine store/supplier; "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas......

But if the white runs out......

...........I drink the red"
smiley36.gif

JC

Latest posts

Back