WineXpert WE Moscato

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdelli

Reaction score
Got a question. I am making a batch of Moscato from WineExpert kit. Made a few of them before with great success. It is a very good kit for this brand of wine. I am not a fan but my wife loves the stuff! I was thinking of adding a little sugar when it is time to add the fpack to it. Would this make it sweater or do more damage then good?

I was thinking of adding a little sugar when it is time to add the fpack to it. Would this make it sweater or do more damage then good?

When are you adding the f-pack? Do you mean after fermentation (as "normal")? Or do you mean before fermentation (to boost the ABV)?

I don't see any reason why adding sugar won't make it sweeter. Whether that makes it better or worse is up to your taste buds.

I only added 1/2 of the f-pack, and that is too sweet for me. I can't imagine adding more sugar on top of a full f-pack.

The WE Kit has the Fpack added 10 to 14 days after fermentation has completed. Moscato is a very sweet wine.... Almost a desert wine. I guess the only way is to taste and play at the time of addition.

adding sugar in the beginning will add ABV, adding it at the end with the F-pack will increase sweetness. You always want to add all the F-pack, if you want it dryer add half at the beginning and half at the end, if not you will loose too much flavor. I have made a number of the Island Mist kits as dry by adding the F-pack at the beginning.

Latest posts

Back