Waldo’s Current Wine Cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Well, wine cellar may not be appropriate here but right now I am learning patience, waiting on my wines to get ready to bottle so I thought I would share some photos of my Nautical Bathroom which is also my current wine cellar. I guess the 5 bottles of wine I do have constitute a cellar hehehe. Anyway, the ship model is one I built myself of "Old Ironsides" I have always had an affinity for that ole warship and finally got a chance to vist her last year. The pictures displayed in my case are photos I took of her. Also in the display case are nautical instruments used for navigation, Some are authentic and some reproductions. My collection of medals and commeratives of the ship and my best prize. A 1/2 penny from 1798. The year she was built.

2005-08-27_023822_bath1.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

Wow....Waldo.

What a great collection.......there are so many interesting people on this forum!!

I Love where the wine bottles are.

Got a barrel of rum in there somewhere too? Yo Ho Ho!!!

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

2005-08-27_141556_Untitled-1.jpg
Hmmm not a bad idea there Ramona...It definately needs a barrel of rum. Just so happens I have one and never thought of displaying it with with other goodies. I actually bought this to age some port in for my daughter. So it will now age here in my "wine cellar"

I have been collecting memorabiliaof "Old Ironsides" for several years now. The first model I built of her I just about had it completed and my daughter, who was about 3 years old at the time pulled it off the coffee table by the main mast and took off dragging it through the house. That one went in the trash hehehe

She "Old Ironsides)was saved from dismantling by Oliver Wendell Holmes who wrote a stirring poem about her and unified the nation in an effort to save her.

OLD IRONSIDES
By Oliver Wendell Holmes
September 16, 1830

Ay, tear her tattered ensign down!
Long has it waved on high,
And many an eye has danced to see
That banner in the sky;
Beneath it rung the battle shout,
And burst the cannon's roar;
The meteor of the ocean air
Shall sweep the clouds no more.

Her deck, once red with heroes' blood,