Other Tips or Tweaks for a Chateau Classico 6 Week Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northerngal

Reaction score
I'm about to start a Chateau Classico 6 Week Wine Kit, New Zealand Pinot Noir that I bought from Amazon. I've made a few kits, and a number of country wines. Does anyone have any suggestions for tweaks? A little bit of oak in primary? A different yeast? It came with SuperB "Saccharomyces Bayanus". Adding some fruit for additional fruitiness? I have a few nice kits going that I will be aging and enjoying; as well as this kit "untweaked." I'm looking to experiment with this one a little bit; any suggestions are very welcome.

Link to the kit:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001ELJKE6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried to find them but there are two threads done by joeswine that are very helpful in that regard. He may have made some of that very same kit.

I relates to what yeast, currants for red wines, tannin and oak. There are numerous tweaks he notes that would help. If I can find the posts, I will come back and link.

Adding to the mix

hers a tweak we did with a cab it would apply to your PINO nior.............adding tannins in the secondary helps build structure be careful these kits can be very sweet using your own fpac and capitalizing is the way to go.

2 kit box.jpg

6 simple syrup.jpg

20140710_203826.jpg

3 add juice.jpg

8 finished f pak.jpg

9  Add to bag.jpg

Last edited:
Back