Strong wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemanden

Reaction score
I suppose this could be called Strong or Fortified Wine 😀

Customs investigators in Hong Kong have intercepted a record 444 kg of liquid cocaine hidden in a 20-foot shipping container with bag-in-box wines. They arrested two people. The estimated street value of the cocaine was almost 59 million euros, according to the Hong Kong Narcotics Bureau. It was the largest amount of liquid cocaine found since records began more than 20 years ago.

Investigators made the discovery on 19 December after finding "signs of resealing" in 37 of the 706 boxes in the container. Each of the 37 crates contained four bag-in-boxes, each containing three litres of white wine. Its origin is unknown. The samples taken after the discovery tested positive for cocaine, according to the Hong Kong Narcotics Bureau. The investigators made further cocaine finds in the container in grape juice and other drinks. The picture shows the cocaine extracted by customs from the bag-in-box wines.

I suppose this could be called Strong or Fortified Wine 😀

Customs investigators in Hong Kong have intercepted a record 444 kg of liquid cocaine hidden in a 20-foot shipping container with bag-in-box wines. They arrested two people. The estimated street value of the cocaine was almost 59 million euros, according to the Hong Kong Narcotics Bureau. It was the largest amount of liquid cocaine found since records began more than 20 years ago.

Investigators made the discovery on 19 December after finding "signs of resealing" in 37 of the 706 boxes in the container. Each of the 37 crates contained four bag-in-boxes, each containing three litres of white wine. Its origin is unknown. The samples taken after the discovery tested positive for cocaine, according to the Hong Kong Narcotics Bureau. The investigators made further cocaine finds in the container in grape juice and other drinks. The picture shows the cocaine extracted by customs from the bag-in-box wines.
That is a great drug bust and I am happy the authorities made it. The only problem I have with the story is that they broadcast what tipped them off to the drugs. I wish the authorities would not do it. They only give the perpetrators something to work on, "next time."

Latest posts

Back