SEPTIC TANK

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
alright I'm ready for all the banter this calls for but,, BTW NEW TANK,,, lol
i seen a 1000 gal plastic septic tank the other day, it was a thick yeller plastic with 2 black screw on lids on the opposite ends but still on top.. of course 2#,, 4 inch baffle holes one on each end, i was thinking,, i could seal the 2 baffle holes, and silicone one top entry hole, they look to be about the size of a 55 gal pickle drum lid maybe slightly larger,, what i need to figure is the top of the tank needs to be at least 3 feet below grade, the simplest would be form up a 5 foot by 5 foot wall from the tank up to the surface, then a lid on top upright hole all the shelving can be friction fit to the tank it's self, maintaining water proofing a 3 foot ladder above the cap and what ever the length to the bottom which would be screwed to the shelving, only what contacts the tank, everything else would be secured by screws, it would be like a plastic storm shelter but much cheaper, shoot I'd be better to empty a bedroom of tools (single is I) pull a 48 foot shipping container, fill with my tools, cut a jamb into the adjoining bedroom wall , put the door into it and then 1 bedroom would still be my wine room, and the other i could put in a window unit, set it to 56-58 degree F,, yep back to original plan, master bedroom, wine room, and a wine cellar room, shoot with all the hassle I'd save, it would allow me, more leisure time for sipping wine, i mean, a person must find things to do while waiting for bulk aging,,,,
Richard :h :h

I started reading thinking you were looking at converting it to a primary fermentor. Gotta say I’m a little disappointed 😢 🤣🤣
I'm nuts that's a fact, but my gawd, well now just wait a minute,,, I could use cpvc as a racking cane, the voices in my head were right,, your a bad influence on me, shhh we'll talk more when the voices in my head
go to sleep... :slp o_O
Richard

Back