Honey - third most faked food in the world

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you don't have a friend with bee hives, how do you find genuine honey? As with most things in life, you can't be 100% sure, but at least you can look for a company that identifies its sources and seems trustworthy.

It is possible to run some tests on honey, to determine whether or not you want to purchase from them again. Some ideas here: 4 Ways to Verify the Purity of Honey - wikiHow

I found some honey from this company on Amazon: Raw, Unfiltered Honey from Desert Creek Reading their website, they sound like a reputable company with their own bee hives. I was pleased with the quality of the honey that I purchased from them, but I didn't try any of the tests outlined in the article linked above.

One way to find a local honey source is to do an internet search for a local or county beekeepers association. I am the VP for our local association. Also, there is the online neighborhood market places to try.

Latest posts

Back