Hi from Northeast TN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany

Reaction score
Well, I am new to wine making. I have always been a wine lover but around Christmas a customer brought a Green Apple Riesling in and I tried it. I was so very impressed that I started asking questions and found out it was the Island Mist Kit. We started our own in January and it was done around Valentines Day. Turned out perfect with the added sugar a local winemaker advised us to add. I was so proud and impressed, not to mention I had thirty bottles of yummy wine to drink!! We are hooked! We have three kits going and my husband has a pyment and a mead going as well. Since we are new we need all the help the we can get!
smiley1.gif

Didn't have a picture with a low enough file size. Maybe later!
smiley6.gif

Welcome aboard. The Island Mist kits are great "Gateway" wines. Easy to make and easy to drink. Look forward to your posts. Feel free to ask away.

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy the forum and wine making as much as I do. I have learned so much here.
smiley1.gif

I sure hope you guys don't mind teaching me! I am LOVING it so far. Very addicting hobby.
smiley1.gif

Welcome,
We are all here to learn........................Well, OK I am just here to mess with Wade.
smiley36.gif
......... But most are here to learn and help others learn. So enjoy.

My first kit was an Island Mist kit as well it turned out awsome. I only have one bottle left trying to see what it tastes like in a year but everyone who tasted it keeps trying to buy that last bottle.

It is wonderful isn't it?
smiley1.gif
We have an Orchard Breezin' Green Apple Riesling, a Blackberry Merlot, and a regular kitof Beaujalias (sp?) going now. We are hooked.

Tiffany said:
It is wonderful isn't it?
smiley1.gif
We have an Orchard Breezin' Green Apple Riesling, a Blackberry Merlot, and a regular kitof Beaujalias (sp?) going now. We are hooked.

Wow, I was just reading up on the island breeze kits.. You have my interest peaked as my wife and I both enjoy sweeter wines in the summertime!! With the minimal aging of this, I may have to take a stab at it in a few weeks!

Cheers!

WhineMaker, you have to try it. Just awesome. I added 7.5 Cups of sugar to the must when we put it in the primary fermenter. Otherwise made it exactly the same as the directions. I think it took a day or two longer to get to the SG of .999 which I believe is when you rack to the secondary, otherwise it was pretty on even with the extra sugar. Brought it to around 11%. It was GREAT! I will keep the Green Apple Riesling on hand at all times.
smiley1.gif
I will keep you posted on howthe Blackberry Merlot turns out.

Tiffany said:
WhineMaker, you have to try it. Just awesome. I added 7.5 Cups of sugar to the must when we put it in the primary fermenter. Otherwise made it exactly the same as the directions. I think it took a day or two longer to get to the SG of .999 which I believe is when you rack to the secondary, otherwise it was pretty on even with the extra sugar. Brought it to around 11%. It was GREAT! I will keep the Green Apple Riesling on hand at all times.
smiley1.gif
I will keep you posted on howthe Blackberry Merlot turns out.

Thankyou for the tip on the sugar Tiffany! I talked to my wife and we are going to get that kit ordered up!!

WM

Welcome to the forum, Tiffany! We're always glad to see a new face here. And we love to help people make wines. They ask questions, we answer some questions and we feel smart!
smiley2.gif

smiley1.gif
That's because you are smart! Ask me a banking question I can answer....usually. Ask me a wine question I will come to PolishWineP!!

You know Tiffany, that comment that we can ask you a banking question; isn't it a ratherdangerous thing to say at this time, considering the state of affairs of banks?
smiley2.gif

Back