Hi from Norristown, PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DACinPA

Junior
Reaction score
My wine making history started in 2005 but as a child I helped my Italian grandfather make his from grapes. I was the cheap source of labor and too stupid to get his recipes before he passed. I mostly have made 6 gal kits but in 2010 I took a step up into juices!
Vintner’s Reserve kits:
Cabernet Sauvignon x2
Mezza Luna Red
Mezza Luna White
Vieux Chateau Du Roi
Sauvignon Blanc x2
Merlot x2
White Zinfandel x3
Vintner’s Reserve World Vineyard kits:
California Trinity Red x3
California Trinity White x3

For 2010 I went with a few standby kits that I like and some juice from California
Vintner’s Reserve kits:
Mezza Luna Red
Mezza Luna White
White Zinfandel
Home- Wine California Juice:
Mixed Black
Malvasia Blanc
:ib

Hi DACinPA

Welcome to winemakingtalk. We always love to see another PA'er here :db

DAC welcome to the party! It looks like you already started without us :). Were you able to acquire any of your grandpa's equipment? Be sure to check out our map and post yourself on it. We have other members in your area of the state. Stick around, we have a lot of fun here and there is a very diverse group of winemakers on this forum to answer questions or that need you're assistance.

Keeping the dream going

Yes I managed to get his press and the crusher/de-stemmer. from my Aunt who was using it as a flower pot!

Welcome aboard, If you are going to use california juices you might think about using a grape pack with the reds, or at least some pomace. My experience with the cal red juices is that they are VERY thing because they are pressed from the skins. If you can get them in your area, try for the lugs of the grapes themselves, instead of the juice. In most cases, the prices are about the same, but the reds are much better.
For the whites, the juices make pretty good wine

Welcome to another PAer.. Great place to be. Looks like oyu will have some good experiance input.. If you have questions just ask or if you have comments just jump in..

Welcome. You are not that far from me.

Where you getting the wine juice from Keystone?

Would love to see pics of that equipment in our Equipment area.

Welcome to our family of wineos won't be long before you are one too

Latest posts

Back