Hi from Long Island NY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joetattoo

Reaction score
Hello, All
My name is Joe. I live on Long Island, very near the many wine vineyards that are out here. I enjoyed making wine back in the 60's, though I never had access to the incredible amount of different kits and equipment that I see now. Mostly, it was fruit wine. My friends and I drank untold gallons of home made banana and strawberry wine. Any kits or concentrates that I could find back then weren't very good, and my equipment was pretty basic.
So, I have a bunch of questions that I'll ask in the beginner's forum, and I am excited to be relearning a cherished hobby and look forward to your advice.
Best regards
Joe

Hi Joe and welcome to the forum. I believe you will find that kits, concentrates and juice have improved markedly since you last tried them. Good luck and let us know what you are making.

Hello again Joe. Saw your equipment post first and left greetings there.

Hi Joe: If you were making wine in the 60s I would suspect you and I are from the same generation. Grew up watching club house 4, once the TV came along. There are few of us left who remember The shadow, and Fibber McGee,,,LOL You will like it here. These youngsters are really on the ball, and you will learn more than you care to know...LOL

Thankyou all for the warm welcome. A shout out to neighbors Petey c and RotGut76. Hey, Tenbears. Remember tv test patterns? I'll be leaning on you all for sure.
Joe

Welcome to the board!

I remember TV test patterns and I was born in the 60's :)

Last edited:
Thankyou all for the warm welcome. A shout out to neighbors Petey c and RotGut76. Hey, Tenbears. Remember tv test patterns? I'll be leaning on you all for sure.
Joe

most certainly, preceded by the national anthem and the saying this concludes todays broadcast At 11:00PM

most certainly, preceded by the national anthem and the saying this concludes todays broadcast At 11:00PM

Maybe that's the age difference. I remember the broadcast conclusion being at 12:00 midnight :)

Maybe that's the age difference. I remember the broadcast conclusion being at 12:00 midnight :)
Yeah, I don't think I was allowed to stay up that late. I also remember the farm report was the first thing on at oh-dark-thirty...

I cannot tell if you were referring to this or not, but perhaps it was that you grew up in the Eastern Time Zone, and Tenbears was in Central.

Actually I grew up in the mountain time zone. In the western panhandle. Back in the day when Alliance Nebraska and Holyoke Colorado were in the central time zone. I dated a girl from Alliance, was a breeze to get her home by ten, drive the half hour and be home by my ten o'clock curfew.. Aaaah those were the days!

Latest posts

Back