Hello From Washington

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavywalker

Junior
Reaction score
From Washington State, on the wet side.

Hello there new to the forum and wine making. I got into wine making because a co worker of mine is the winemaker for a small local winery. I have had the benefit of being able to ask him questions as I go along and learned quite a bit before I actually got stated.

I wanted to get into wine making for quite a while but never did, until my wife bought me a kit for fathers day. Since then it has been a ton of fun.

I currently an working on the kit that my wife bought me a Washington Merlot from Cellar Craft.

I also have a 3 gallon batch of cranberry wine that is in primary still, it had a stuck fermentation and I just got it going again.

I also have a 1 gallon batch of jalapeno wine from Jack Keller's website going, and 6 gallons of apfelwien.

Also have a kit from RJ Spagnols (Delu Ranch Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon) on the way.

So that is the extent of my wine making experience, as far as me and my other hobbies I am 28 years old with a wife and 2 daughters. Enjoy Hunting, Shooting, and Fishing.

Just thought I would say hello and let ya'll know that I will be lurking around here and trying to learn something.

Jereme , welcome to a great forum. Feel free to ask questions and we'll walk you through anything. George definitely is the best internet site in the Country and will bend over to take care of his customers.

Welcome. Glad to have you on board. As Dan said, this is a great forum and any question asked will usually get answered quickly. Looks like you are off to a great start with your wines.

Welcome to the forums Jereme!
20110712_211406_kgo_057.gif

You picked a great kit in that CC Showcase Merlot. That is one of my best kits to date. Totally commercial in taste and quality.
smiley17.gif

My SWMBO is from Seattle and I am a WA state wine junkie if ever there was one. Woodinville is a dangerous place for me to visit...
smiley36.gif

Again welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum.
I made the RJS EP Delu Ranch cab about 15 months ago. It is still not ready to drink (IMO), but should be a great one by this time next year.

That cab can use cold stabilizing.

Once you get wine making with kits down pat, you can move into fresh grapes, since you are so near to so many great vineyards.

Latest posts

Back