Hello from Seattle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinegar

Reaction score
Hello. I'm here lol. Of course looking for information. Recipes etc

Welcome to WMT!

What are you interested in making?
I was a member 10 years ago but forgot that old log in. I'm interested in making cranberry wine, and then some apple and red wine so I can convert them into vinegar. I am trying to find directions to make some red wine from red grape juice but I can find directions on using juice vs fruit.

Right now my biggest struggle is finding the recipe or directions for making red wine out of grape juice I've got all the ingredients I just have no idea how much juice to add for how much water I'm doing a 1 gallon jug to start with.

What kind of grape juice? I mean commercial juice or grape juice from wine grapes? Something else?

The basic recipe is check the SG on your juice, adjust with sugar if it's low. Typically SG between 1.085 and 1.100 is desirable for reds.

Right now my biggest struggle is finding the recipe or directions for making red wine out of grape juice I've got all the ingredients I just have no idea how much juice to add for how much water I'm doing a 1 gallon jug to start with.
don't add water to grape juice if you can avoid it. If the brix is too high find a juice that drops the brix to something reasonable. e.g. hybrid grape juice with sky high brix Lodi grape juice. The 1.085-1.100 SG range that winemaker 81 quoted is a good rule of thumb.

Latest posts

Back