Grape Growing Question: Yellowing Leaves

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonomaPat

Junior
Reaction score
Hey there. I had a question I was hoping to get some advice from the community. I have been dry farming my Sangiovese vines for the last couple of years. Only watering when I noticed the leaves curve into themselves on extremely hot days in the late summer. Recently though one row of vines seem to be turning yellow as if it were Fall (see images below). I was curious if anyone might now the cause, e.g. not enough water or not enough calcium in the soil.

I have begun watering in the hope that the cause might be the need for more water. Which, is a bit surprising given the great amount of rain we received this year.

I am located in the town of Sonoma, California.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6762.JPG
    IMG_6762.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6777.JPG
    IMG_6777.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 1
Thank you Blatonwine! After increasing water to 3-4 gallons per plant per week and adding one table spoon of 10-10-10 fertilizer beneath each dripper there has been a HUGE positive turnaround.

Thank you Blatonwine! After increasing water to 3-4 gallons per plant per week and adding one table spoon of 10-10-10 fertilizer beneath each dripper there has been a HUGE positive turnaround.
So happy to read this!!!! I hope this long term corrects the issue. But if not, come back with questions if issues persist. :cool:

Back