Flavoring with Vanilla

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a chap, who worked in the lab at general foods, in our wine club. He told us that a lot of chocolate makers add vanilla extract, which has a similar flavour profile. He said they add it so that they can use cheaper chocolate, as it enhances the flavour.
Vanilla is the most expensive spice in the world, but a little goes a long way.
Vanilla provides excellent aromas, I would say compatible or what the US is used to. Chocolate can be aromatic, but it depends. A light roast or even raw will carry a lot of fruity notes. A dark roast has cooked, coffee like notes. ,,,, And sugar in the mix is magic.

Last edited:
Vanilla provides excellent aromas, I would say compatible or what the US is used to. Chocolate can but it in part depends. A light roast or even raw will carry a lot of fruity notes. A dark roast has cooked, coffee like notes. ,,,, And sugar in the mix is magic.
agreed. I didn't really care for my meads with nibs until I added vanilla. infusions tend to use grade b which is more affordable

Back