RJ Spagnols Cru Select Argentine Trio or WE Selection Luna Bianca

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
RJS Cru Select Argentine Trio 16L (Viognier, Riesling, Chardonnay) for $97.00
No f-pack?

WE Selection Luna Bianca (Chadonnay only?) 16L for $90.00
Includes f-pack of Chardonnay juice.

Which one have you made and would pick one over the other?

Aside from @sour_grapes that is currently making the WE Selection Luna Bianca; it seems like the Cru Select Argentine Trio has not been discussed much at all on the board...

Wondering if anyone has made it and any feedback. It is a 16L kit that I can get for $97.50 shipped,

Last edited:
Or maybe i should just get me a juice bucket [emoji16]

tro blend

I have never done a blended white that wasn't excellent. The blend sounds spot on andthe finish has to super. 8 think I'll try that for you.i'll add à fpac of m6 own boost the ABV. TO 1.10AND1CUP 1/2CUP OF MEDIUM french oak..1mo. Befirw bottling add tthe zest of 1/2grapefruit,ch3m,cleàr and bottle.If cold soak is required I'll do before bottling,That's the plan.

The Argentine Trio is dry with no f-pack to back sweeten.
You're saying if you do that kit you'd add a custom f-pack in primary to boost ABV.
Will the zest at the end of fermentation add any residual sugar? I assume none.

So the decision is one kit vs the other, both at 16L, and the Luna Bianca does have a juice f-pack to make it off-dry.

Of course, you could choose to add the f-pack in primary to make the Luna Bianca dry. (I put 3/4 of it in primary.)

I will say, this IS a hard choice. I don't blame you for analysis-paralysis on this one. The good news: You can't make a mistake! :try Either will be great (I suspect).

yeah, hard choice, I tend to like whites off-dry (around 1.002) so the Luna Bianca would fall in that category. But I made the WE LE Trio Blanca (dry at 0.992 and no f-pack to back sweeten) and when bottled I really liked it at barely 1 1/2 month after being made.

So....I think I may go with the RJS Trio, just about $8 more than the Bianca.

in the mix

The fpaci is not for backsweeting it's added to the primary to give the base more texture and some depth,it won't add any sweetness to the finish but will make The wine excell in taste with out question. Think outside the box.

Or two. For about the same price as one of those kits...

Yep, now switching gears after I found that the promotion has free shipping but kits do not qualify.....always the small print.

So, a juice bucket of Moscato is the decision right now, $52.00

Latest posts

Back