Britain gets pissed off over one of my pet peeves :-)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
Chris is a big burger fan. He'll get one on the way home if it's late. Or for dinner with the kids. Or sometimes just for a quick snack to fill a hole.
Yet more than once he has found himself sending pictures of his dinner to friends and fellow burger-lovers, so they can laugh over them. The difference between what is advertised and what comes over the counter just seems so huge.

"Most of the time it looks like it has been sat on," he says.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-6...sXmbCEXTZjlqZJgeR5k_OeBFF7wDe-6VEDtSf5VUuLBls

Chris is a big burger fan. He'll get one on the way home if it's late. Or for dinner with the kids. Or sometimes just for a quick snack to fill a hole.
Yet more than once he has found himself sending pictures of his dinner to friends and fellow burger-lovers, so they can laugh over them. The difference between what is advertised and what comes over the counter just seems so huge.

"Most of the time it looks like it has been sat on," he says.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-6...sXmbCEXTZjlqZJgeR5k_OeBFF7wDe-6VEDtSf5VUuLBls
Things ain’t what they use to be

I’ve been buying grass fed beef lately,it makes a really good burger for $ 5.99 a lb. Used to like Culver’s burgers but lately some how they’ve managed to make them about a 1/16 of an inch thick.

Obviously, you live in a far less busy world than I do.
Fair enough if you're hungry and going to be late home, but how long does it take to pat ground / minced beef into a round and pop it into the frying pan?

At the risk of upsetting you, add up your time. You'll be surprised how many spare minutes there are in your day!
Many years ago, my daughter's American boyfriend drove us 30 miles to get a burger at Mac D's. I thought at the time, "Must be crazy! 30 miles for this?"
You don't have to be a 5* Chef to make a burger.

Anyway, if you ever get a blank rectangle instead of a food picture on the net, you'll find it says, So & so, Food Stylist.
Winemanden, grumpy old man! ;):D

Retired - I got tired of being busy, loafing is great :h

I have never been so busy as when I retired. It is wild. Dunno how I used to get all this done plus a job (well, yeah I do, but I don't want to go back to being like that). BTW, there are numerous studies about loafing. Not good for ya. :) I anticipate things will slow down quite a bit sometime next year. We'll see what happens.

Fair enough if you're hungry and going to be late home, but how long does it take to pat ground / minced beef into a round and pop it into the frying pan?

At the risk of upsetting you, add up your time. You'll be surprised how many spare minutes there are in your day!
Many years ago, my daughter's American boyfriend drove us 30 miles to get a burger at Mac D's. I thought at the time, "Must be crazy! 30 miles for this?"
You don't have to be a 5* Chef to make a burger.

Anyway, if you ever get a blank rectangle instead of a food picture on the net, you'll find it says, So & so, Food Stylist.
Winemanden, grumpy old man! ;):D

You can't upset me cuz I'm gonna do what I gotta do to get the job done. Always have. Not generally a picky eater, but I won't eat frying pan burgers, or frying pan steak, or frying pan pork chops. I am not an everyday fast food consumer, but I do eat it when I am time-pressed and on the road like I was today until just a few minutes ago.

Oh I'll get back to doing stuff after it quits being so damn hot. Looks like by the middle of the month it might drop below 100, then the mornings will be cool enough to be back in the shop and some outside. Bought a new ZTR this year and the yard has been nearly dead ever since.

Oh I'll get back to doing stuff after it quits being so damn hot. Looks like by the middle of the month it might drop below 100, then the mornings will be cool enough to be back in the shop and some outside. Bought a new ZTR this year and the yard has been nearly dead ever since.

My place is considerably bigger than a yard. It's more abut managing it than taming it. Most of my outdoor work is all done by 9 a.m. in summer, so I turn to the computer work and indoor stuff, but then there are days like today...

Latest posts

Back