Anyone growing these cold hardy varieties?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat57

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone growing any of these relatively cold hardy varieties from Red Dog Vineyard? They are out of stock for this year, so evidently some people want them.

Golubok
Rondo
Baltica
Castel 19-637
Michurinets

thx, Pat

They probably just have not cleared quarantine reqirements yet.

They have these vines for sale, they are just out of stock for 2013. I got on the list for next year, I would like to try these varieties.

Pat

After looking at their site it looks like those varieties are out of stock because the cuttings haven't been made yet. They are from green summer cuttings so won't be available until next year. I work with a couple nurseries for budwood, cutting materials for establishing some rarer varieties. I see they list Adalmiina. I supplied another nursery a few years ago with some cuttings for establishing a mother vine nursery with ES 6-16-30, Adalmiina. It takes a few years for the supply channel to get adequate numbers of new vines. Here's hoping you can get some of those next year. I would like to keep trying more new varieties myself.

Latest posts

Back