Mosti Mondiale Adding Raisins to MM All Juice Montepulciano

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJMehr

Reaction score
I have a MM All Juice Montepulciano kit that I am am going to start soon. I have been think about adding a pound of Sun-Maid raisins during fermentation. I have made several Master's Editions and Meglioli kits which did include raisins so I thought adding raisin might give my All Juice Montepulciano a little boost in flavor/mouth feel.

Has anyone made the AJ Montepulciano kit and do you think adding Sun-Maid raisins is a good idea? I am hoping based on Mosti Mondiale description of this kit that I have a very nice red Italian wine here.

Robert
</span>

I like the idea of adding raisins... But the concern would be the quality of the grapes used for those raisins. That we will never know.

I have used raisins on some of my wines (Blackberry Port, ect, ect.). And I seem to like the effects on those.

I have used raisins in some wines, some fruit and some kit wines and my feeling is they add their own flavor to a wine....As Goodfella said you will have no way of knowing what kind of grapes the raisins came from....But it is your wine and who knows, you may make a super great wine...take good notes...Good Luck

Go to, or Google "Lion raisins". They have a couple of different types of grape/raisins they sell. But most raisins are from Thompson seedless, if thats the taste you desire.

maghvac said:
Go to, or Google "Lion raisins"

I Googled Lion Raisins, it was an interesting web site but appears they only sell in bulk. I just need 1-2 pounds of raisins.

I am becoming very interested in Zante Currants
that are produced from the Black Corinth Grapes. The currant is a
very dark, tart and tangy raisin which seems to give more punch then normal raisins in wine.
</font>

I have used raisins and raisin extracts in the passed,with the raisins the wine depending on how you process it will either be higher in alcohol and or finish sweeter,they add very little to the body extracts on the other hand at second fermentation add a deep deepness and a silty bitter taste something like a amarone,god items to experiment with..........

Latest posts

Back