• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 500l ssvc tanks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale... two 500 liter variable capacity stainless steel tanks. Tanks are used but well maintained. Come complete with stands, lids, and air pumps. Asking $500 per tank.

Located in the nj area. Pick up only.20230617_125737.jpg20230617_125737.jpg

Last edited:
I wo I ld still consider any reasonable offer.
I've been looking to possibly upsize my vino making activities.....currently only make single kit batches in 30L Speidels.

I've got a few questions I'm hoping you can answer:

1) How do you go about cleaning and sanitizing these larger vessels?

2) If ya do a 300L or so batch in one of those 500L units -- how do you deal with the lees created? (I'm thinking they would be above the bottom spout...but not sure)

3) What's the max size batch (volume wise) you would attempt in the 500L vessel?

4) When doing a larger batch -- do you run into any temperature issues during fermentation -- (if your ambient room temp is in the mid/upper 60s -- like my basement typically is)

I'm in Michigan -- so if I decide to make you an offer -- meeting someplace half way sure would help out :)

Thanks in advance for the feedback...
Brian

Latest posts

Back