Last Activity:10-14-2013 10:27 PM
Likes Given: 2
7 Likes on 7 Posts
Posted in thread: This is very sad :( on 09-21-2013 at 06:36 PM
Getting it from fulkerson winery in the finger lakes.A French-American Hybrid and named in the
Finger Lakes, Rosette, or Siebel 1000, is a cross of Jaeger 70 with Vitis vinifera and is the
Posted in thread: This is very sad :( on 09-21-2013 at 05:11 PM
100 liter tank empty, but no worries will be filled again tomorrow with 24 gallons of
Posted in thread: Well first batch on 09-21-2013 at 05:06 PM
Ever of mead going. Went with an orange blossom should blend well with some red Zinfandel I
have. Will be keeping some as just a plain mead as well...
Posted in thread: Plain Mead to mix with wine on 09-21-2013 at 11:41 AM
So 3 gallon batch would be 9 pounds of honey?
Posted in thread: New to grapes on 09-20-2013 at 10:42 PM
Heck I grew up in Poughkeepsie/Hyde park area... Miss my home town moved to get away from ex
wife lol... Been in pa now for almost 20 years was a member of Fairview Fire dept and Hyde Park
Posted in thread: fruit fly problem!!! on 09-20-2013 at 10:34 PM
Never had an issue with them until this year but it was my fault. After having some juice pails
from fresh juice I thought I had cleaned them all and the wife called me away from room. Well I
Posted in thread: Making wine from grapes, juice buckets and kits on 09-20-2013 at 10:29 PM
One thing you may want to do is when making from fresh grapes and using the skins is keep your
must cold say around 40/45 for a few days before you ferment this will help bring out even more
Posted in thread: What are you making this fall? on 09-18-2013 at 11:10 PM
Way to much going lol, love grape season as I have the finger lakes with in 2 hrs of me. Baco
noirHimrodDiamondNiagara Seyval blancPinot Gris Rosette Lake mount seedlessPinot noirChardonnay
Posted in thread: New winery in KS. Looking for better price structure understanding on 09-18-2013 at 12:26 PM
With all the winery's my wife and I have visited thru out the years their list is at least 75%
semi to sweet wines this is east coast. Not many Chardonnay or Merlots list any more. Ask 1
winery why th...
Posted in thread: New winery in KS. Looking for better price structure understanding on 09-17-2013 at 10:53 PM
Bottom line is this 75% of the market in the USA will be semi to sweet wines. The other 25% you
can break up how ever you like, so who are you going to make your money with? I know I'm
gearing to my m...