Tannin in our PEE?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. Fine. Now I am still lacking in my answer.

Should I or can I add some now? or wait till the next batch and add it before the frment starts.

Maybe I will just encrust my cheese with this and smoke it.

You can add tannins at any point actually with that stuff but I usually like to add when its done and do bench trials.

Thank you! Thats what I was hoping for an answer, just because I can I am going to add 1 teaspoon(this is a 4 gallon batch) win lose or draw. I am all in.
LOL

Well this is ackward

I went to add tannin right now. When I reached for my new unopened pack of tannin, it had been mysteriously opened.

I ran for my notebook. Apparently I added 1 1/2 teaspoons on the 18th when it was at 1.050 and I added the rest of the nutrients/energizer/juice.

Okay there, I admitted it. I am running for NIKKIS vacant corner with a bar of minty soap in my mouth.

I will let you know how it turns out. The wine I mean.

LMFAO!!!

In addition to it's flavor contribution, tannin also plays a part in clearing, protection from oxygen, mouth feel, and longevity.

Thanks LON, while you are here, could you help me get this bar of soap out of my mouth?

LON, while we are "PEEING" together...someone asked a while back why Pectin Enzyme was not mentioned in the original Pee recipe.

Man, what have we done to your recipe? You must feel like the first Grandmother that had invented the Peanut Butter cookie!!

What have we done to your songs!!!!

Thanks always for your insight!

..........LON, while we are "PEEING" together...someone asked a while back why Pectin Enzyme was not mentioned in the original Pee recipe.............

I didn't find the need to add it when using the bottled juice as I get clarity without the addition. If other fruits or juices are being introduced or fresh lemons are used, you might want to add some. Cheers!

Kinda off topic but do you think that Tanin would aid my milk wine? Also im interisted to see how the Tanin changes the quaility of your pee.

Cheers!

What is that chemical thatmakes your real pee blue?

I have been wanting to pull that one on someone for years!! LOL

Snuck a glass of this pee on the way to the carboy.

I am sold on the tanin!!!

Definite improvement. Hard to explain. Seemed to have mellowed out the tartness and definitely an improvement on the mouth feel.

I willl always pee in my tannin, I mean tannin in my pee!! LOL

I would suggest anyone making pee to consider adding some. This is qute the noticable difference.

Latest posts

Back