Mourvedre Drum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgallamo

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've ordered a 450lb drum of 2016 Mourvedre, Rattlesnake Hills from winegrapesdirect for part of my fall project. My idea is to pull off half of the juice and make a rose, and use the other half to make a %100 varietal (that I could potentially blend with other stuff I have around). I have a 13.2 gallon vadai barrel I'd like to fill with the red.

I worked with these grapes last spring and they had great aromatics, but were a little thin on their own, hence the extra skins in the red.

What do you all think? Have you ever tried anything like this?

Please let me know how it goes with winegrapesdirect. I am inclined to give them a try in the future for some of the Oregon pinot or Washington cab.

Please let me know how it goes with winegrapesdirect. I am inclined to give them a try in the future for some of the Oregon pinot or Washington cab.

Ok - I have done wine grapes direct twice before. Mostly good experience. The white was easy and tasty. Red a little more challenging. The Merlot/Cab last year was great. My Zin did not turn out as well. Battled H2S issue. I have not tried the Pinot.

thanks. i'm excited to try it. I will see whats available and maybe give a pinot a try.

Latest posts

Back