What is your Wine recipe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSuperSagor

Junior
Reaction score
20621921_1338989249546993_540530408907558315_n.jpg

I am new wine maker..
made only one time..
I searched recipes online but one are different then others..

1. What is your recipe?
  2. and Which fruit do you use?

Here's one for you, http://blog.eckraus.com/strawberry-wine-recipe, I changed a few things like 21.5 lbs. of strawberries, I didn't feel like putting just a couple lbs. back in the freezer. And I changed the yeast to D47. I really believe the yeast made a big difference in the flavor, and aroma. It has a spicy aroma and flavor. I'm going to make this one again for sure. As for the fruits I use, they're blueberry, plum, strawberry, and next will be sweet cherry. But you may want to try a kit wine to get you into the swing of things, they come with all the ingredients and instructions so you can't go wrong. Just a thought. Oh, and make sure you use a hydrometer to check SG, don't just add sugar like the recipe says to.

Last edited:
In my opinion, "recipes" are unimportant. What is important is the protocol you use. Your practice, your procedure - and your understanding of what any action you take - or don't take - will have on the final product - not the list of ingredients. If a traditional mead is honey , water and yeast and you gave EXACTLY the same ingredients to 100 people no two meads would taste the same and some meads would be all but undrinkable while others would knock your socks off.

Latest posts

Back