Party with my First Homemade Wine! But....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSuperSagor

Junior
Reaction score
Last night me and my friends did party with my first homemade wine..
and We are still alive

:pty
One of my friend got serious drunk..

21576396_1661756463869836_7067609341175529472_n.jpg

BUT HERE ARE SOME PROBLEMS
1. It was sour..
2. It wasn't crystal clear

How will I solve them?

Well, the #1 objective was achieved; make something that others will drink. Now to make it better. What kind of wine? What was the pH? Did you measure TA? Did you back sweeten?

Think of lemonade. It is acidic from the citric acid. You can mellow it by reducing the acid or mask it by sweetening it.

Clearing takes clearing agents or time. I prefer time, because it is amazing how much better wine takes when it has had time to rest.

Age it for as long as you can, racking every couple months off all the gunk that will continue to drop out to the bottom of your container.
Clearing agents might not be an option, since...
Bro, I am from Bangladesh and it's really hard to find wine making equipment here..

Great pic btw, looks like a magezine advertisement.

Thank you so much.. )
I made 3 liters and all finished in one night :p
Thinking to make 10 liters and I want to make it in proper way..

I've found that a sour taste and the wine not being clear sometimes go hand in hand. If there is a puff of sediment it adds a bit of a taste that isn't quite right.

Time + Rackings should do it. If you can order fining agents, those will accelerate the process.

Congrats on the first wine, and that's great that it was so thoroughly enjoyed!

Latest posts

Back