When to add k-meta or camden tablets?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satxwineguy

Junior
Reaction score
I had a stomp party last night, after which I was exhausted. I left the must in primary buckets overnight, then took readings and added yeast this morning. I have added no k-meta yet, aside from the sprinkles the vineyard owner put on two days ago to keep the grapes fresh for last night.

All feet were washed then sanitized with star san. I ended up with 10.5 gallons of must.

Question is, at this point, 5 hours into Primary fermentation, should I add any k-meta or camden tabs? Or wait till I rack after primary?

I had a stomp party last night, after which I was exhausted. I left the must in primary buckets overnight, then took readings and added yeast this morning. I have added no k-meta yet, aside from the sprinkles the vineyard owner put on two days ago to keep the grapes fresh for last night.

All feet were washed then sanitized with star san. I ended up with 10.5 gallons of must.

Question is, at this point, 5 hours into Primary fermentation, should I add any k-meta or camden tabs? Or wait till I rack after primary?

No. If you were going to use sulfite, it would have been last night after the stomp, then added yeast this evening. No sulfite should be added until AF is complete, unless you are planning to MLF your wine.

Latest posts

Back