Dragon Blood 2

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevelaz

Reaction score
I just bottled my second 3 gallon batch of dragon blood. I actually used the Dragonette recipe that is basically adding double fruit. I started it on jan 20 of this year. I have to admit it it pretty darn good over ice!

However, the only thing i do not like is the fact that it is darker in color than the original dragon blood i did first and, in my opinion, the color does lot look as good in the bottle. The original looks so cool in the bottle. I did have some of the original about a week ago and that was also good, so i will do a taste test on them both this weekend and decide what recipe to stick with.

I had about 3/4 of a glass over ice for breakfast and am a bit buzzed..lol. I may have to call off for work this afternoon...lol..

image1 (11).JPG

image1 (13).JPG

Both look pretty nice to me. Have you done another wine making besides the two DB batches mentioned?

Both look pretty nice to me. Have you done another wine making besides the two DB batches mentioned?

Yep. ive been doing Chilean juice for the past couple years, Merlot. This year im doing more Chilean Merlot, 3 buckets, and also trying a bucket of Chilean Carmenere. I also have a Amarone kit aging now. And i just bottled a 3 gallon batch of skeeter pee today after the dragon blood. Not real crazy about it but its ok. Just doesn't seem very lemony to me. i will wait to see how it is on a hot summer day over ice... Oh, i also did a bucket of California Merlot last year that i did not like at all!

Yep. ive been doing Chilean juice for the past couple years, Merlot. This year im doing more Chilean Merlot, 3 buckets, and also trying a bucket of Chilean Carmenere. I also have a Amarone kit aging now. And i just bottled a 3 gallon batch of skeeter pee today after the dragon blood. Not real crazy about it but its ok. Just doesn't seem very lemony to me. i will wait to see how it is on a hot summer day over ice... Oh, i also did a bucket of California Merlot last year that i did not like at all!

Not enough lemon in the s.p. ? Next time use more in the primary, add after the ferment is close to half done. Or add some after it ferments to taste, or add a can of frozen lemon concentrate to a gal. for backsweetening. Should be plenty of lemon for you. Arne.

Thanks, i will see how it is in a month or so. I was thinking of squeezing some fresh lemon as I drink it.

By the way, the other day I tried someone's homemade orangechello, like lemonchello but made with orange peel. Awesome! They gave me the recipe so guess what's next? I'm going to do a batch of orange and of lemon!

Let us know how it goes. If it comes out good, make sure you keep track of the recipe and pass it on. Good luck with it, Arne.

Back