2017 Harford Vineyard Chilean Grape/Juice Pickup

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceeaton

slowly going nuts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just posting this thread in case someone is actually picking up juice buckets/grapes this Spring at Harford Vineyards. Sounds like things are due to get rolling this coming weekend. Still waiting for the final confirmation via email. Anyone planning to pick up juice? Just wondering if I should stash a few bottles to trade when I get there. I am pretty sure Heather, Boatboy Jim and jgmann Jim are filled to the gills with wine (or too busy to make wine this Spring).

I've ordered three buckets and some grapes. A Muscat bucket, a Chianti bucket and a Syrah bucket and a lug of Syrah grapes. Planning on adding some cranberries to the Chianti bucket to try and recreate my Wife's favorite wine, a OB Cranberry Chianti. May pick up some more buckets if there are extra, though the site still shows buckets available for order.

Just post if you are planning to go. If things work out I'll be up there Saturday morning, as my Wife has to work (train) this coming weekend (figures, we usually try and make the trip into a lunch date).

Just posting this thread in case someone is actually picking up juice buckets/grapes this Spring at Harford Vineyards. Sounds like things are due to get rolling this coming weekend. Still waiting for the final confirmation via email. Anyone planning to pick up juice? Just wondering if I should stash a few bottles to trade when I get there. I am pretty sure Heather, Boatboy Jim and jgmann Jim are filled to the gills with wine (or too busy to make wine this Spring).

I've ordered three buckets and some grapes. A Muscat bucket, a Chianti bucket and a Syrah bucket and a lug of Syrah grapes. Planning on adding some cranberries to the Chianti bucket to try and recreate my Wife's favorite wine, a OB Cranberry Chianti. May pick up some more buckets if there are extra, though the site still shows buckets available for order.

Just post if you are planning to go. If things work out I'll be up there Saturday morning, as my Wife has to work (train) this coming weekend (figures, we usually try and make the trip into a lunch date).

What time Saturday morning? I probably won't buy anything but would like to meet people and see the winery. I'm pretty sure I'm free.

I will likely be there Saturday or Sunday just not sure which.

And mainship, those prices are half the cost. You pay the first half to reserve and then the second half when you pick up. So double the cost. Still cheap!

I will likely be there Saturday or Sunday just not sure which.

And mainship, those prices are half the cost. You pay the first half to reserve and then the second half when you pick up. So double the cost. Still cheap!

I can't do Sunday, going to the baseball game. Let me know if Saturday works. I assume the ones that say in stock are extras and available to purchase. At that price and with very little arm twisting I may be forced to buy one.

I can't do Sunday, going to the baseball game. Let me know if Saturday works. I assume the ones that say in stock are extras and available to purchase. At that price and with very little arm twisting I may be forced to buy one.

No, from the email I got (you gotta sign up when you visit for the emails) you can still order anything that says "In Stock". When you get there they have a list at the checkout register with "extras" they have. I know Jim (Boatboy Jim) has swapped grapes before to try and make less trips since it is a long haul for him. When they swap the grapes your "give back" items go on the extras list.

I plan on being there whenever they open on Saturday morning, unless they don't get their delivery as expected. My Wife is working and I'd rather not give too much time for my kids to burn down the house while I'm gone.

I'll be up there Saturday to pick up a bucket of South African Cabernet juice and a lug of SA cabernet grapes. I've got no good wine to swap out with anyone right now :(

That is to say I've bottled a bunch of stuff (country wines) that isn't quite ready to gift/share. Since they are all among my first batches I need to make sure they age alright before I gift/trade them! Although hopefully next year I can meet up and have something good to trade. I just wish it wasn't a 90 minute trip up there . . .

I'll be up there Saturday to pick up a bucket of South African Cabernet juice and a lug of SA cabernet grapes. I've got no good wine to swap out with anyone right now :(

That is to say I've bottled a bunch of stuff (country wines) that isn't quite ready to gift/share. Since they are all among my first batches I need to make sure they age alright before I gift/trade them! Although hopefully next year I can meet up and have something good to trade. I just wish it wasn't a 90 minute trip up there . . .
No worries. I think most give wine away and don't expect equal in return or anything in return for that matter. I feel when I get something in return it is a bonus, giving is always more fun for me. Honest opinions matter in return. I expect someone to let me know if the wine tastes like s**t or if it was good. I like suggestions so I can make the next batch a better batch.

I'm 90% sure I'm going on Saturday. My wife thinks itis too far so I'm probably flying solo. I'd be more then happy to drive if any NOVA people want to hitch a ride. I too have nothing to offer in trade yet.

Just bring a few store bought bottles of Amarone, Brunello di Montalcino, and Barolo. That should be acceptable. :)

Still would like to meet up locally and sample some of the offerings at local vineyards and will certainly be heading up to Harford in the fall. While you're up there, do yourself a favor and try their Traminette. It's a wonderfully delicious and aromatic wine.

Too funny, I do have a 2012 bottle of Amarone I got for my birthday. The only really good bottle I have or ever had.

Went to Pearmund on Saturday but anytime you want to go just let me know. I still want to take you up on your offer to help me tweek my wines. Will try the Traminette.

Too funny, I do have a 2012 bottle of Amarone I got for my birthday. The only really good bottle I have or ever had.

Went to Pearmund on Saturday but anytime you want to go just let me know. I still want to take you up on your offer to help me tweek my wines. Will try the Traminette.

Our Sunday afternoon/evening plans may be at risk. Should they fall through, I'll touch base. Hopefully I'll know in the next 48 hours. Saturday is crazy though.

I'm 90% sure I'm going on Saturday. My wife thinks itis too far so I'm probably flying solo. I'd be more then happy to drive if any NOVA people want to hitch a ride. I too have nothing to offer in trade yet.

I just got a little pep in my step thinking I might have possibly had a P.I.C. for this 'would-be' 2 hr drive from the Philadelphia area. And dove into Harford's website. And the potential for some grapes as well as juice!
Punch to the gut when I realized NOVA does not stand for the Villanova University area and is actually 'Northern Virginia'.

I just got a little pep in my step thinking I might have possibly had a P.I.C. for this 'would-be' 2 hr drive from the Philadelphia area. And dove into Harford's website. And the potential for some grapes as well as juice!
Punch to the gut when I realized NOVA does not stand for the Villanova University area and is actually 'Northern Virginia'.

Would it help if I told you I went to Villanova? :D Do you live in the Main Line area?

Would it help if I told you I went to Villanova? :D Do you live in the Main Line area?

I'd say that helps you in all aspects. Nova has an amazing reputation and I'd be damn proud of that if I were you. But no, not a Wildcat nor a silver-spooned mainliner. Temple was my school. And recently crossed the river to the great state of South Jersey! (Not to be confused with the entirely different state North Jersey). I work in Philadelphia but live 2 minutes from a trillion farms. And Just a 30 min drive from Renault Winery where the Mrs and I just spent last weekend! (Horseback riding, tour and tasting, followed by a Murder Mystery Dinner at the Tuscan Hotel. Great weekend)
But Harford winery is very well represented here on the forum and had me intrigued. I have already purchased my juice locally (may 13th pickup) but was definitely looking for a justified reason to expand my horizon (and Chilean batches!) while at the same time meeting some others with the same interests. So yea, I would have told myself the Main Line was close enough to justify the day trip, the unexpected 6 gal batch with some grapes, and another carboy or 2. Yea I know it's a reach, but I'm chomping at the bit for Chilean. Which is really just gonna be a tease and a learning curve (first MLF, first batch with AIO, and first spring harvest) until the Cali juice and grapes in September! (Pretty dead set on a 15 gal super Tuscan to be blended myself).
With all the being said, for all those heading to Harford this weekend, Enjoy! I expect to hear all about it.

I'd say that helps you in all aspects. Nova has an amazing reputation and I'd be damn proud of that if I were you. But no, not a Wildcat nor a silver-spooned mainliner. Temple was my school. And recently crossed the river to the great state of South Jersey! (Not to be confused with the entirely different state North Jersey). I work in Philadelphia but live 2 minutes from a trillion farms. And Just a 30 min drive from Renault Winery where the Mrs and I just spent last weekend! (Horseback riding, tour and tasting, followed by a Murder Mystery Dinner at the Tuscan Hotel. Great weekend)
But Harford winery is very well represented here on the forum and had me intrigued. I have already purchased my juice locally (may 13th pickup) but was definitely looking for a justified reason to expand my horizon (and Chilean batches!) while at the same time meeting some others with the same interests. So yea, I would have told myself the Main Line was close enough to justify the day trip, the unexpected 6 gal batch with some grapes, and another carboy or 2. Yea I know it's a reach, but I'm chomping at the bit for Chilean. Which is really just gonna be a tease and a learning curve (first MLF, first batch with AIO, and first spring harvest) until the Cali juice and grapes in September! (Pretty dead set on a 15 gal super Tuscan to be blended myself).
With all the being said, for all those heading to Harford this weekend, Enjoy! I expect to hear all about it.

Being in South Jersey, you should have a lot of good options for grapes within a reasonable distance.

My son is working on his driver's license, and needs lots of hours of driving. I think I'll have him take me up there to be my "designated driver" :)

I'd love to wait until the next weekend to go up, but this weekend works much better. I'm looking forward to this batch. it will be my first MLF and my first non-kit "real" wine. I think it's a 90 minute drive from home. Maybe I'll see what else they have let while I"m there. Maybe I'll pick up a white as well.

Back