Next

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadmaker1

Reaction score
Hello
Wine making has been a back burner eventuality but after a life time of one compulsive hobby to the next I was left with a second round of a 100 plus pound honey harvest.
Couldn't just let all that honey wait for a buyer. So traded some to a freind with equipment for half the batch.
Our tastes differ. Now a year latter six carboys 3 3gallon and 3 5 gallon and a handfull of one gallon jugs for test batches im guessing I qualify as fully addicted. No surprise to folks that know me.
I have bottled a case of cranberry , near bottling a cyser that is awesome 3 gallons of a citrus I made up on my own a test batch of cherry and a blue berry coming along and couldnt resist running a batch of joes ancient orange that will finnish in april that looks cool.
This year stawberry and plumb along with more apple .
Ill post recipes of results I deem worthy.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sampling today a triple berry melomel that is starting to come around nicely. I don't have that much honey, so I've only got a small amount going. (I think 5 gallons total of mead at the moment.)

I look forward to hearing more about how it all comes out!

Yes I do..
8 collonies .
Should have five to harvest this year.
But I set swam boxes. And do wall/tree extraction So in a good year I could have ten more but three to five more, likely.
Thats a bunch of bees and work.
Just like wine making its supposed to be fun. And like wine making it all pretty easy until you learn how. Lol.

lol so true! I thought getting started would be hard, but the more you learn the more you realize you dont know! I feel like a first year grad student all over again with this! lol

But that sounds like a really awesome hobby. And you found the perfect accompanying hobby!

Exact perfect pair.
Both require your attention at times but usually, it can wait till tommorrow, as long as it does get done. Some times there are periods of work, but usually sitting around waiting for the magic,
The differance is
If you want a hobby where people will leave you alone, nobody bothers a guy wearing a bee suit or viel.

Latest posts

Back