RJS Cru International Cabernet Sauvignon Oak Infusion bags

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourgrape

Reaction score
I opened my 5 week Cabernet Sauvignon kit today to start it, and noticed there are two infusion bags that smell of oak. Does that sound right that there are two of them? They aren't labelled other than some coding, and there is no reference in the instructions other than "your kit may contain an oak infusion bag", with instructions of what to do if it does. No mention of the possibility of containing two oak bags. Has anyone else made this kit? Should I use both bags?

That's what I did ultimately. Soaked in hot water for 10 minutes as per instructions, then dumped the water and the bags (unopened) into the primary.

Sourgrape, that is the way to handle the oak infusion bags.

If i remember correctly, they do not sink. They act like the dried grape skins.....they stay afloat. I punch the infusion bag & skins down 1-2 times a day and never had any problems.

If i remember correctly, they do not sink. They act like the dried grape skins.....they stay afloat. I punch the infusion bag & skins down 1-2 times a day and never had any problems.

That's what I'll do then. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back