Vinmetrica - how to store S02 electrode?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siwash

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I bought the SC-300 this past autumn. It's bee a great tool. I have two questions:

1. How do you store your so2 electrode? The PH electrode has a little liquid filled cap but the So2 electrode didn't come with any sort of cap.

2. What exactly is in that PH electrode cap?! Is it distilled water? I need to refill it as some spilt.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

I bought the SC-300 this past autumn. It's bee a great tool. I have two questions:

1. How do you store your so2 electrode? The PH electrode has a little liquid filled cap but the So2 electrode didn't come with any sort of cap.

2. What exactly is in that PH electrode cap?! Is it distilled water? I need to refill it as some spilt.

Thanks!

My SO2 electrode is stored just as received, without any type of cap or solution.

The pH electrode should always be stored in its little bottle with storage solution. I keep an extra bottle of storage solution and replace the solution every few months. The solution is made to maintain the proper balance in the electrode sensor, and therefore, its ability to be accurate.

After use, both electrodes should be cleaned and rinsed with DI water before storage. BTW, I'm pretty sure the instructions with the unit detail this much more than my brief recap.........

A quick warning in addition to what John said. As has been noted here before, don't store the pH probe in di water. It will cause the good stuff in the fill solution to migrate out. Get some storage solution as John says.

My SO2 electrode is stored just as received, without any type of cap or solution.

The pH electrode should always be stored in its little bottle with storage solution. I keep an extra bottle of storage solution and replace the solution every few months. The solution is made to maintain the proper balance in the electrode sensor, and therefore, its ability to be accurate.

After use, both electrodes should be cleaned and rinsed with DI water before storage. BTW, I'm pretty sure the instructions with the unit detail this much more than my brief recap.........

there i no such info in my instructions! thanks

Back