Corny Keg qustions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebiedoo

Reaction score
I finally committed to using a Corny keg system for my whites. I figure, if I bulk age for a year they should be alright in the Keg. My question is, I have 2 regulators, one for the Kegerator and one for filling the Kegs but so fay, only one tank. I'm wondering if I even need 2 tanks as I'm guessing I won't be needed to pressurize the kegs but only once when I fill them. I'm not sure about my Top off Kegs though. But to start the regulator I have hooked up to the Argon tank is a welders tank and I'll be lucky to get the pressure down to 20psi or so. will that be too much pressure for the kegs? How much can they take anyway?

Any other tips would be welcomed.

thanks

60 psi max is standard, there is a relief valve that will release pressure if you exceed the setting. Make sure there is a working relief valve, you don't want to find out what happens without one.

Sorry, didn't see this post earlier. My Cornelius kegs all have a rating of 130 psi (or 900 KPa).

I purge my tanks with CO2, open, add the wine, run it to 5 psi with CO2 and forget it. Eventually, if I don't use for sparkling wine, I rack to a standard carboy and degass. Works like a charm. Just Kmeta when moving to the carboy.

Last edited:
Back