shrink capsules

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok I got regular capsules, and I got jumbo capsules, but and old boy brought 5 cases of bottles gives me an Italian 6 gal carboy, and buys the fruit to make what he wants but these cork finish bottles have a ring around the top that increases the top so large that jumbo capsules break every time where can I find even larger shrink capsules ,
Dawg

Presque Isle Wine Cellars has different size capsules. Personally I would sink the cork an extra 1/8 inch or so and fill the indentation with wax. Make sure you get good pellet wax made for doing this. There is a difference in the consistency. Presque Isle sells many colors of wax also.

thank you Dan
I will check them out,
been a very busy week, sorting Dexter heifers from they're daddy, moving a few cows an my bull, but again thank you and I'll check them out, tomorrow I take steaks standing on hooves to be turned to steaks in my freezer ::
Dawg

Presque Isle Wine Cellars has different size capsules. Personally I would sink the cork an extra 1/8 inch or so and fill the indentation with wax. Make sure you get good pellet wax made for doing this. There is a difference in the consistency. Presque Isle sells many colors of wax also.

Big ring sounds like they are wax bottles. I've been able to get my shrinks to work by being careful with the heat gun. But wax is fun.

yes a point made by another but just as valued as the first time, I've counted I've got 8 bottles outta 6 cases, I've read on here for a few years now, I'M thick headed I recon, but I've done some math and any way I can see it that still a magic number(,meaning I'll stash them for me, and I'll hide them back for me more magically for me.:: ,, as if I don't squirrel away enough already,, lol,, I've already ordered me some sealing wax, ,, and I thank you very much indeed.
Dawg

Big ring sounds like they are wax bottles. I've been able to get my shrinks to work by being careful with the heat gun. But wax is fun.

Back