Star Trek Beyond

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw it on Sunday in 3D. The theater actually has recliners where you can lean the seat back and put your feet up. Very nice!

The movie was FANTASTIC. If you are a trek nerd like me, you really want to see this movie.

And no, I do not own a star fleet uniform, I do not own a pair of Spock ears, and I have never been to any kind of convention. I must admit, though, that I do have 2 bottles of official Star Trek Klingon Blood Wine.

I do not want to give any of the plot away and spoil the movie for others, so I will just say that this was one of the best Star Trek movies EVER!

Last edited:
I was supposed to see it on Sunday morning, but my buddy was late and we didn't make it. (had other plans after we were supposed to see the movie.

I'm a Star Trek nut too, but I too haven't been to any conventions. The only Star Trek thing I own is a USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) model, but I haven't even put that together. (glue and painting models is too tedious!)

I have recently started making the Star Wars Bandai models. (snap together) These things are incredibly detailed! Being snap together, they are very easy to put together. (the instructions are in Japanese, but the images are usually good enough)

This is the one I put together last night. (took about 3 1/2 hours)

banat-st.jpg

I've purchased somewhere between 12-15 of them. So far I've only put together the AT-ST and the basic Tie Fighter. The Tie Fighter took maybe 2 hours. The Millennium Falcon will probably take a long time.

These models are only like $20 each too, (with the exception of the Millennium Falcon of course) but I have to have them shipped from Japan and that takes a while. I'm amazed at the quality for such a low price.

I want to go and see this movie...!!

Super Tuesday is only $4.75 for anyone, but my son/daughter have soccer practices today...:(

Not a Star Trek fan but the recent movies are well done and I have enjoyed them - i look forward to seeing this one.

I went to see it yesterday in IMAX 3D. The story wasn't that great, but the characters were good and of course JJ Abrams always goes ballistic on the CGI. The swarm ships were cool to watch though.

If the movie wasn't a Star Trek movie, I would give it a 6, but because it's relative to a show's history that I love, I give the movie a 7.5.

I do very much enjoy the reboot and I can't wait till January when the new Star Trek TV show debuts!

Back