Anthracnose?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveH

Reaction score
From what I've read... Anthracnose? and probably too late to do anything. On my neighbors vacant property, white grapes and have no idea what kind. One small row that have been there forever along with a few small rows of Concords. These are the whites. We have been very dry during spring and extremly dry all summer. Below the vines it is very junky and weedy. I'll clean out this fall. Any other tips on prevent? Obviously a preventative spray regiment starting early. I did plant about 50 new vines this year not very far away.

image.jpg

Yes it likely is anthracnose. Also correct about cleaning the area out below and around the vines to improve airflow. Also spot on about starting a preventative spray program next year before the grapes get to this point.

Okay... Trying to prevent Anthracnose this year. I've cleaned out under the vines and everything is pruned. I want to spray as soon as the buds begin to swell to kill over wintering inoculum on the canes. The Midwest Grape Growers guide says to use a lime sulphur solution (Sulfurix). I know the Concords are sensitive to this as well as some others. My question is can I spray even the sensitive vines while dormant with out too much concern?

Latest posts

Back