Laithwaite's Wines?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Got an offer in the mail yesterday from Laithwaite's Wines. A case for $69.99, plus three additional bottles of Malbec. It is a mix of reds. After that, you get a case every quarter for $139. I'm guessing this is probably like "Naked Wines" in that it is hit or miss, but largely miss. Anyone try these guys before?

After my Naked Wines experience, I am a little gun shy when it comes to a "wine of the month club" type of thing. The question to ask is.. What if they send me a case that is horrid? Can you return it easily? Do you have to pay to ship it back?

I was so disappointed in the wine sent to me from naked wines. There were 1 or 2 decent bottles of wine mixed among wines that were (IMHO) of very low quality. I pulled out of it after just one wine shipment.

My vote is for you to keep your money and put it toward making your own!

@Boatboy24 Jim, that is a very common sales pitch. Most all of the "wine clubs" start out with the $69 case, then move to $139 from there on out.
Like John said, they are mediocre wines at best.
The only deal to me would be to take the case for $69 and then cancel(which most will let you do). That way you have a minimal investment for mediocre wine.

Back