Hi! I'm back!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vernsgal

Just me
Reaction score
Wow what a time.
For those who recall and those who don't know, I left at the end of May to go look after my mother inlaw who suffers from alzheimer's.What a horrible disease. I really can't say who I feel worse for, those who have it, or those who have to watch someone they love suffer through it.
What got me through the last 5 weeks was starting and ending every day with these 2 grandbabies!
I got home and introduced myself to hubby and then spent 2 days doing Nothing!Today I racked what wines needed doing and topped some airlocks.

Now I have to spend a few nights catching up here!

13445403_10156971190800246_1949350080131154243_n.jpg

What a couple of sweeties!

I know what you are saying about Alzheimer's! My mother in law had it, she passed away this last May. And my husband and I are still dealing with the after math. The only good thing is she is no longer suffering and suffer she did. She thought her husband, my father in law was trying to kill her because he had a girlfriend living upstairs. She lived the last 4 or 5 years in fear and this man loved her so much.

My father just passed last week and for the last 2 1/2 years he did not know anyone. It was especially hard on my mother who still had to see him in the long term care home and look after everything on her own. As is said, you loose your husband twice. Once to the disease and once to the man upstairs. At least she was able to have everything transferred over to her so what comes next will be allot easier.

cheers

Pretty babies! My mom has had alzheimer's for 10 years. I just got back from seeing her at the nursing home. My brother and I go and see her every week. It's a labor of love but it's hard seeing her that way. Welcome back!

my mom's oldest sister is in the final stages of that, my mom takes care of her, my heart and my prayers goes out to you , her and your entire family,,,
may god bless you one and all,,,
Dawg,,,

Wow what a time.
For those who recall and those who don't know, I left at the end of May to go look after my mother inlaw who suffers from alzheimer's.What a horrible disease. I really can't say who I feel worse for, those who have it, or those who have to watch someone they love suffer through it.
What got me through the last 5 weeks was starting and ending every day with these 2 grandbabies!
I got home and introduced myself to hubby and then spent 2 days doing Nothing!Today I racked what wines needed doing and topped some airlocks.

Now I have to spend a few nights catching up here!

Last edited:
may God Bless both your hearts. as well as your mom and your entitle family,, my prayers are with ya'll
Dawg

Pretty babies! My mom has had alzheimer's for 10 years. I just got back from seeing her at the nursing home. My brother and I go and see her every week. It's a labor of love but it's hard seeing her that way. Welcome back!

@ vernsgal
I really know what you are going thru - it is really tough !!

My mother at 74 years old with diabetes type 1, left my father and put in for a divorce. She is also dealing with other issues as well -

Yes it can be overwhelming at the least - but it is people on this forum that help me make it from day to day - Thanks everyone !!

@ vernsgal
I really know what you are going thru - it is really tough !!

My mother at 74 years old with diabetes type 1, left my father and put in for a divorce. She is also dealing with other issues as well -

Yes it can be overwhelming at the least - but it is people on this forum that help me make it from day to day - Thanks everyone !!

I agree! It's my safe zone

welcome back

welcome back.you were missed
blessings and prayers to you and all your family
Corinth

Latest posts

Back