WineXpert LE15 Gewürztraminer Verdelho Muscat

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got this one going last night. Anyone else snag one of these? Should be a nice blend. Dumped about 40% of the F-pack into the Primary, added a cup of simple syrup to bump ABV up to ~12.8%. Yeast swap (of course) BA11 for EC1118. Already up and snap, crackle and popping away this AM only 12hours later. Happy yeast!

IMG_1285.jpg

What a coincidence..!!!
I bought 2 of that kit a couple of months ago, started 1 on March 30 and put the other in the garage.
Last night I took the kit out of the garage as I wanted to start it but didn't have spring water with me, so it is getting kicked off today.

On the first kit I added almost the entire f-pack at the end and the SG ended at 1.003 and the PH ~3.27

On this 2nd kit I plan to add half the f-pack up front and half to back sweeten at the end. Shooting for a final SG of 1.000 after f-pack addition.

The first kit went dry to 0.994

I did just recently...LOL

It was pretty good but I didn't right down any tasting notes.
I'll open a bottle soon and let you know.:ib

Don't see how they can sell for that price and keep the doors open and lights on......... :?

There was only $22 difference between FVW and HBS and $8 of that was a special one time use 10% off coupon for being a new customer.........

What did everyone do on this kit regarding the F-Pack? I opened the box yesterday and it seems like allot in it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

cheers

I have mine clearing right now. I bought it on clearance from one of our great sponsors, Label Peelers. Mine was under $100, but ended around $120 with shipping.

What did everyone do on this kit regarding the F-Pack? I opened the box yesterday and it seems like allot in it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

cheers

I added my entire f-pak after fermentation. It brought my final sg to 1.004 which to me is not too sweet for a white.

Back