What did you do this weekend?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had another great weekend!

Friday: Lobster with the brother,

Saturday: Went to a cookout at a friend's house in NY state,
On the way back, I picked some strawberries and made a triple batch of jam once I got home.

Sunday: Fathers day BBQ at my folk's house. We swam, we played horseshoes and bocce ball, and ate! The weather was perfect. What a great time!

How about your folks?

Friday: Quiet night at home, grilled dinner salad and chilled.
Saturday: A few errands in the morning, Graduation party for friend's daughter in the early afternoon, birthday party for mom at my parents' place late afternoon/evening. Huli Huli chicken and all sorts of sides/snacks.
Sunday: Early grocery run, labeled and foiled my Sauvignon Blanc Rose, Church, then back to Mom and Dad's to make lunch for Dad. Back home and to the pool for a bit with the kids, then had an 'orphaned' neighbor (his wife was out of town - for good reason) and his 3 sons over for burgers and dogs.

Bottled my first wine ever while simultaneously making a complete mess of my office and living room.

JgQaNZpSYQZyvgm0IakYLPtcPYFbh7zcLpXncdvkrrwqY59tK-DMQ9HgeI-VHv8zJbTBZ3m98b3CUj4YQCDmR_Z2-VYJPw0xh9BMG6G4MnkWnZvPqKXrkLUmkaHie02NOIGVMGPJxomfTBJOEBUgLVHJaEtOHkCPRzGue1PuCB43hXybev48S5xkSV96B5f3_X-pA-GZ0I0YmE9GjLPXq-iXZdjXtmrv-qetp5dRt6t-eqvrS4U6aThMzHUm_dO4C9lNHaybQmuWAz0CK-TdTJkPgKfj9XuH6AGp9EaReMQ6Ziq2-KF1mpqXt_F05jKcFU-zoUDxWvjgDT2_b3Mci3Ym5_ISAziZRPlKYlo8QnFISDlVMExGnubegiAFYT80-tR65l-cjSHE92MQY0W2XcRDmdUIhDpSkTeXX-iDpjciqUa5jjte40HiHNBcxzsd-2qNrImvXl9HSCeMl5xN6aShGwjtiaSlhYh6JOZEHiWgih0zAlEwe1iMf1Jsi6EYTUphnCAH72-iK76BHr0fZEa4eiqEWMPupPvMECpAS5R74eIfvV1x6GiOGYWntsm4N5dpGfk3fQhq7TdPZQrldNeOeUx12i2e=w1066-h800-no

The label / bottle looks pretty good (sorry, picture is fuzzy) Though, the size of the label could be better. I purchased it from Zazzle via Label Peelers website. They didn't have the label size I wanted. This was the best size I could find. I won't be using them again because of that. I bought some blank label sheets from OnlineLabels.com. They aren't exactly what I want either, but much closer than these were.

YvT6MZtMw_BJZNKSQmkbb7N7qy47LgyY_-7SJQzEe9v8CMvYqWVojdQ4-FGWK_adWsxYOlp52Z8E4Uvb6TQjnr_MGDkk2JNOiRA5Y-mwI61NG4qoEcGgdZU9Z68Ufn0-iN6FUqizB5TRxFCYPANkm-rZJa6h080h6jXedNKRVFCc6rIB9gma7uQMP6Bo8O1Up0tlWuFscG8z4Fkpbptnlbdo66CAushg2JZe6hUl71xlQyHVCUbsJoxMdIb-FEJho_KtSMlD_jyMd4N7-NWMj5ARjQKqXnVciOXIcEnMapUg3IbNjkcjKrwCIRMy7uX_yFq-MsbLJJFDS_-9JZTbuN_0-KGt3uSo7RbYR5hGJLTG80zT59InH8dVjgl0aso1JXGj8r9elFuuSmelEjThn6vINlkn-iMyY60zLQPcLaLv8hwkF8V6-g_GpuVH5i2p3ws6Er_obAM5WzsgMy0Jt55JOGnJHSwC8UOqxjQOXmleb2HmCkbhXST-7PdThcXn2vwyz7LUwTZq_aFpSol5a9nWQs_Fpcaxr6YfAl_3AUkDvvaScPlJ1Rgq45x-RaeJaJ3MYhR7UzOIqBhIBilxXrA4-0uxfJY8=w600-h799-no

For my first bottled wine, (and not a kit) I think the wine turned out fantastic. It is very tasty. I got out with 29 bottles and 16oz extra to enjoy after bottling. :h

@dcbrown73 : Not sure what you paid (or would like to pay) for labels, but check out Stoney Creek. They aren't cheap, but I like their labels.

I looked at them and really like their labels. (especially the fact that they have back labels too, which I haven't been able to find!)

I may end up just using them anyhow, though I'm making a custom label for my next wine with the blank labels I purchased. I've already made one rev of it, but I think I'm going to change it as it just doesn't look that good.

Or I will dump it and just use Stoney Creek. :h

Friday night lobster on deck. Saturday yard work, birthday party. Sunday smoked pork shoulder and ribs had kids and in laws over.
Great weekend!

Steve

Its summertime, worked in the garden and cut the grass, 3 acres:sl

Thursday night:

Racked 11-1/2 gallons of beer into carboys.

Friday:

Started patching the hole in the bedroom wall I had to make to repair leaky bathtub faucet. Put in the drywall and did the initial spackling.

Mowed the grass (2 acres).

Went to get filters and oil change supplies.

Saturday:

Changed the oil filter and air filter in two cars; checked fluids and tires, also front brake wear.

Changed the oil and filter on the rider mower.

Taped and started first layer of drywall compound on wall.

Sunday:

Moved 12 tons of hay from farm down the road and stored it.

Sanded wall.

Added skim coat of drywall compound to wall.

Sanded lightly.

Primed wall.

Monday:

Back to "work."

Bottled my first wine ever while simultaneously making a complete mess of my office and living room.

JgQaNZpSYQZyvgm0IakYLPtcPYFbh7zcLpXncdvkrrwqY59tK-DMQ9HgeI-VHv8zJbTBZ3m98b3CUj4YQCDmR_Z2-VYJPw0xh9BMG6G4MnkWnZvPqKXrkLUmkaHie02NOIGVMGPJxomfTBJOEBUgLVHJaEtOHkCPRzGue1PuCB43hXybev48S5xkSV96B5f3_X-pA-GZ0I0YmE9GjLPXq-iXZdjXtmrv-qetp5dRt6t-eqvrS4U6aThMzHUm_dO4C9lNHaybQmuWAz0CK-TdTJkPgKfj9XuH6AGp9EaReMQ6Ziq2-KF1mpqXt_F05jKcFU-zoUDxWvjgDT2_b3Mci3Ym5_ISAziZRPlKYlo8QnFISDlVMExGnubegiAFYT80-tR65l-cjSHE92MQY0W2XcRDmdUIhDpSkTeXX-iDpjciqUa5jjte40HiHNBcxzsd-2qNrImvXl9HSCeMl5xN6aShGwjtiaSlhYh6JOZEHiWgih0zAlEwe1iMf1Jsi6EYTUphnCAH72-iK76BHr0fZEa4eiqEWMPupPvMECpAS5R74eIfvV1x6GiOGYWntsm4N5dpGfk3fQhq7TdPZQrldNeOeUx12i2e=w1066-h800-no

The label / bottle looks pretty good (sorry, picture is fuzzy) Though, the size of the label could be better. I purchased it from Zazzle via Label Peelers website. They didn't have the label size I wanted. This was the best size I could find. I won't be using them again because of that. I bought some blank label sheets from OnlineLabels.com. They aren't exactly what I want either, but much closer than these were.

YvT6MZtMw_BJZNKSQmkbb7N7qy47LgyY_-7SJQzEe9v8CMvYqWVojdQ4-FGWK_adWsxYOlp52Z8E4Uvb6TQjnr_MGDkk2JNOiRA5Y-mwI61NG4qoEcGgdZU9Z68Ufn0-iN6FUqizB5TRxFCYPANkm-rZJa6h080h6jXedNKRVFCc6rIB9gma7uQMP6Bo8O1Up0tlWuFscG8z4Fkpbptnlbdo66CAushg2JZe6hUl71xlQyHVCUbsJoxMdIb-FEJho_KtSMlD_jyMd4N7-NWMj5ARjQKqXnVciOXIcEnMapUg3IbNjkcjKrwCIRMy7uX_yFq-MsbLJJFDS_-9JZTbuN_0-KGt3uSo7RbYR5hGJLTG80zT59InH8dVjgl0aso1JXGj8r9elFuuSmelEjThn6vINlkn-iMyY60zLQPcLaLv8hwkF8V6-g_GpuVH5i2p3ws6Er_obAM5WzsgMy0Jt55JOGnJHSwC8UOqxjQOXmleb2HmCkbhXST-7PdThcXn2vwyz7LUwTZq_aFpSol5a9nWQs_Fpcaxr6YfAl_3AUkDvvaScPlJ1Rgq45x-RaeJaJ3MYhR7UzOIqBhIBilxXrA4-0uxfJY8=w600-h799-no

For my first bottled wine, (and not a kit) I think the wine turned out fantastic. It is very tasty. I got out with 29 bottles and 16oz extra to enjoy after bottling. :h

Are those labels peel-able?

right, once placed on the bottle you can remove without much trouble, just like the labels you get with kits.
I used Avery labels in the past, and they're a pain to remove, but good cost.
I will check onlinelabels.com and see what they have.

right, once placed on the bottle you can remove without much trouble, just like the labels you get with kits.
I used Avery labels in the past, and they're a pain to remove, but good cost.
I will check onlinelabels.com and see what they have.

The website said they are comparable to the Avery 6873 labels.

BTW - I used Avery labels because they also offer the Avery online tool that matches printing for the label stock.
The labels you bought at Onlinelabels.com, what program you use to design and print?

In honor of all the work you did, I'll take a nap. Reading all of that has made me tired!

Just a typical weekend, actually a bit lighter in workload than most. We get the option of working 4 10-hour days to get 3 days off each week during the summer months. All that means is one more day for me to work on my to-do list. There are currently 13 items on it. They keep getting added...

Enjoy your nap! :sl

If you didn't make our Annual Party here is a link to what you missed.

http://www.northcoastwineclub.net/party.html

Over 60 people showed up. Great Food, Wine, and Music.

Plus the venue was a knock-out.

http://www.northcoastwineclub.net/join-our-club.html

$50 to join the club, Nothing required other than, bring a good time.

Cherry Brandy will be coming up soon for members

International award winning wines

http://www.northcoastwineclub.net/awards.html

took my wine staff to a wine festival to see if we wanted to do it in the fall. Tasted the competition and relaxed. Sunday enjoyed a dinner with the in laws and the kids. tonight, bottled 6 gallons of 2012 Shiraz and we're getting ready for a Wine and Jazz festival this Saturday....

Day in the vineyard

Moved wires and tucked shoots for most of Sunday. I quit after 6 rows and went to mowing. Things are growing like crazy this year. So far real nice berry set on the Sangiovese and Tempranillo. Gotta love a mild spring but berry set is 10 days ahead of normal.

All that was followed by rib eyes in the bbq and a bottle of 2012 Wauluke slope Syrah.

Back