Sell me on the All in One Wine Pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swedgin

Reaction score
If you have one, sell me on the Wine Pump. What has having one changed for you in your wine making process? What's good about it? What's not so good? What does it do well? Where has it saved you time? What has your experience been? How has it changed the quality of your wines?

Thanks!

I dont have a AIO but i do use a vacuum pump. That and my stainless steel sink with built in bottle/carboy washers are the best equipment I own for wine making. The pump saves time and leaves my hands free while it is transfering or degassing. I also use it for bottling. I can fill, cork, label and add neck labels to 31 bottles in 30 minutes. I can fill bottles faster but my pace works for me and I only handle each bottle once. You wont regret the purchase of a vaccum pump.

cheers

In short:
1. No more lifting 6 gallon carboys.
2. Degassing.
3. Faster racking.
4. Easier bottling.
5. Did I mention degassing?

One of my most loved pieces of winemaking equipment. The improved degassing by racking and bottling under vacuum compared to siphoning has dramatically improved the quality of my wines. Highly recommend.

No more lost wine due to gravity bottle filler.
Bottles filled at same l evel.
You get to stand up to fill bottles.
Wine gets degassed as it is racked from one container to another.
Less o2 exposure while transferring wine.
You can have carboy on floor and still get wine transferred.
Along with everyone else's response here vacuumpumpman has the best customer service of any one I have ever seen.

And the AIO comes with everything you need except an empty wine bottle for the overflow.

How easy are they to use? I've only been making wine for one year and the wine pump looks a little intimidating. Is it something I'll be able to pick up easily and remember how to use? I have memory problems.

Thanks for your responses.

@swedgin
I like Dan's approach - check out the following -

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15976

reviews on my website - there's an online manual you can also see how everything is put together with all color coding

and google it as there are plenty more out there as well

You can always contact me thru my homepage of my website and I will call you right back.

I think this entire post is silly. Do your homework and decide for yourself based off your work style why you should or should not buy it. There has been literally hundreds of outstanding reviews on this product.

This is part of my homework process. I'm doing / have done everything you suggested in addition.

So sorry for offending you. I feel the same way about your post. If you don't want to be a part of the process, you're welcome to not post.

Of course I'll decide for myself.

If your going to stay in this hobby.. Go ahead and get you one. It can simplify your wine making. After you get it and use it, you might/could feel silly for not doing it sooner. I did. The thing I like about mine, besides all of it's benefits, is the fact I have left it in the kitchen for a few days, and my wife did not tell me to remove it. If it had been any other pump it would not have got to stay. lol
Besides all of its capabilities it's attractive. It's been my smartest investment, without a single doubt.

@ swedgin

I do offer a full 30 day money back guarantee - notice that there is no fine print with that statement as well as a 1 year warranty.

I offer alot of 1 on 1 support - over the phone - mainly

This is an investment - but once a customer - always a customer.
This is not a throwaway product in case something does fail down the road. Considering I and my family make and install everything - I can rebuild your pump down the road if ever needed to, at a very reasonable cost.

I only had to redo 3 so far in 8 years - mainly the problem was overfilling the reservoir bottle, causing the vacuum pump (internal parts ) to get all sticky and needing replacement.

There is one other advantage of the pump... and that is that you can use it to vacuum pack food. I make cheese and a vacuum pump like the AIO can be used to vacuum pack hard cheese to allow them to age in a way that waxing cheeses doesn't - and that is that it enables you to see how the cheese is aging and whether the surface remains intact and free of undesirable molds. In short there are multiple uses for the AIO vacuum and Steve is always very willing to help advise you in any project you may have.

@ swedgin

I do offer a full 30 day money back guarantee - notice that there is no fine print with that statement as well as a 1 year warranty.

I offer alot of 1 on 1 support - over the phone - mainly

This is an investment - but once a customer - always a customer.
This is not a throwaway product in case something does fail down the road. Considering I and my family make and install everything - I can rebuild your pump down the road if ever needed to, at a very reasonable cost.

I only had to redo 3 so far in 8 years - mainly the problem was overfilling the reservoir bottle, causing the vacuum pump (internal parts ) to get all sticky and needing replacement.

Thank for your help everyone, I can see no reason not to get one at this point. So to completely degas a wine, I just need to rack it? How many times degasses entirely?

Thanks.

If you vacuum rack it, like you would normally - you should have no excessive CO2 in your wine , as long as the wine is not too cold when you are transferring.

Please Pm me if you would like to talk on a 1 to 1 - so I can answer all your questions and concerns you may have.

@ swedgin looking forward to your review of this lol I've got 5 carboys waiting in anticipation for the funds to purchase this awesome equipment! Unfortunately things keep breaking or leaking in and around the house, hate priority! Lol this year though dang it said that last year!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting one. I mainly want it for the racking and headspace elimination. I am not a fan of topping up after I rack and if this works as well as folks say it does, it sounds perfect. Can't wait to try it.

Please explain what you mean by headspace elimination. You may be under the idea that because you are vacuum racking it that there is no need to get rid of headspace. You could fill the head space with argon or another inert gas after racking or purchase one of his headspace eliminators.

I would have to say that using a vacuum to rack means that you are removing CO2 so I would think that removing head-space is now even more critical as you do not have any CO2 to blanket the top of the wine. But in general this should not be a big problem. If you start with more volume than you want and you use - say - a bucket as your primary then you simply store the excess in a bottle in the fridge and when you need to top up you use the reserved excess as your topper upper...

or purchase one of his headspace eliminators.

This is what I was referring to, sorry.

I would have to say that using a vacuum to rack means that you are removing CO2 so I would think that removing head-space is now even more critical as you do not have any CO2 to blanket the top of the wine. But in general this should not be a big problem. If you start with more volume than you want and you use - say - a bucket as your primary then you simply store the excess in a bottle in the fridge and when you need to top up you use the reserved excess as your topper upper...

My problem always seems to be that I don't have enough left over after racking to save any for topping up later, even if I make extra. I think I'm so afraid of getting any of the sediment into the racked wine that I leave more than I need to in the bottle of the bucket. So I'm always left with a deficit and need to top up, even when I make a half gallon extra. So I figured this headspace eliminator would fit my needs perfectly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back