WineXpert World Vineyard Pink Moscato

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it for my mother's 70th birthday last November and she loved it, especially with the custom label I made for her birthday on the bottles. My wife liked it so much that she made me order another kit of it the same day she tried it. I am getting ready to start it this weekend. I had other things on the burner, so I have had the kit since the 1st of December. It does come out pretty sweet, I think it finished at 1.020 after adding the F-pack, but the women in my family all like sweet wine. They also really love the regular Moscato kit, too. I think I am going to split this kit into half regular Moscato and half Pink Moscato, so they can have some of each. The only difference is the addition of the red concentrate F-pack to make it Pink Moscato. I'll backsweeten the regular Moscato half with white grape juice concentrate.

My husband was struggling to come up with a b-day gift for me, but fortunately for him (and me!), I stumbled upon this beauty:

http://labelpeelers.com/wine-making/wine-kits/limited-edition-wines/world-vineyard-pink-moscato/

It's a limited release and sounds perfect for the summer - light, fruity, and sweet. I think I'm going to start it in July(ish).

Anyone else jumping on this one?

Starting it in July, means (even with very little aging) it won't be ready until mid August. You might want to start it earlier, if you can for drinking this summer.

Starting it in July, means (even with very little aging) it won't be ready until mid August. You might want to start it earlier, if you can for drinking this summer.

True, true. Our basement is undergoing some renovations now and we have at least one more white kit we need to start before the Moscato, hence the later start date. Maybe it'll be perfect for next summer. ;)

My wife liked it so much that she made me order another kit of it the same day she tried it. I am getting ready to start it this weekend. I had other things on the burner, so I have had the kit since the 1st of December. It does come out pretty sweet, I think it finished at 1.020 after adding the F-pack, but the women in my family all like sweet wine. They also really love the regular Moscato kit, too.

High praise, indeed! I'm usually more into semi-sweets and off-drys, but sweet wines certainly have their place. If I like this one, I'll definitely look into the regular Moscato kit. Thanks for the rec!

I made the one gallon World Vineyard Moscato (not the pink) last Spring. Never had Moscato before and wanted to try it. I really liked it! And my preference runs to dry red or off-dry to semi-sweet white or blush.

Based on these posts, now I really want to try the Pink!

Those of you that made this kit, can you comment on how sweet or the actual final SG after adding the f-pack?

The actual FG after adding the F-Pack is around 1.018 to 1.020. I've made this kit twice.

Ours turned out great. I'm not a fan of really sweet wine, so I added half of the F-pack to primary. Tasted excellent when it was finished.

I seem to remember it being approximately 1.010, but I'll check my notes when I get home from work.

If you have your notes, can you let me know the SG after adding half the f-pack at the end?
Thanks,

Thanks, too sweet for our taste. So I will add at least half in primary.

Varis, that is what I thought too. But my older brother made this kit and we broke out a bottle this weekend. I'm a dry red and white wine lover, but the sweetness, as is, accentuated the incredible depth of fruit in this wine. If I bought it, I'd make it as is, it was very good (I think the bottle we were drinking was about 9 or 10 months old).

Thanks Craig, I started it last week and added some of the f-pack up-front, so let's see how it turns out.
I realize this post is a year old at this point, but I bought this kit to share with family and was wondering what your impressions were after adding some of the fpac to primary. I'll probably make it by the book, but wanted to get your thoughts on the tweaked version.

I'm giving half the batch to my grandma who drinks the Winking Owl Moscato from Aldi and wanted to get somewhat close to that. The only issue is that I've never tried it and can't get it where I'm at so I'm flying a little blind.

Thanks!

Redbird1,

Aldi sells the Winking Owl wines for $3 a bottle. Adding up the bottle, cork, and wine kit costs, I don't think that you will come close to making it for Aldi's per bottle price. You might be better off gifting her a couple of cases of the wine she likes.

Redbird1,

Aldi sells the Winking Owl wines for $3 a bottle. Adding up the bottle, cork, and wine kit costs, I don't think that you will come close to making it for Aldi's per bottle price. You might be better off gifting her a couple of cases of the wine she likes.
She makes all sorts of homemade goodies for my family, so I would like to return the favor. I'm hoping that whatever I end up with is even better than the Winking Owl and if nothing else is a nice change of pace for her.

Plus, I got the kit for around $70 shipped and she cleaned and delabeled a couple cases of the Winking Owl for me, so I will definitely be under $3 per bottle, even with corks and capsules.

I also get to refill my wife's sweet wine supply with most of the rest of the batch.

To quote the great philosopher Michael Scott, "Win, win, win!"

Back