Greetings from Southeastern PA!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrownedBee

Reaction score
Hi all!

My name is Melissa, and my husband (who's also on this site...) and I have been brewing since January 2016. Our first batch was Dragon's Blood (a Skeeter Pee variant), which we bottled in March. Since then, we've also bottled 8 gallons of Joe's Ancient Orange Mead and an Island Mist Green Apple Riesling.

Our pipeline is full with both mead and wine, with a good mix of whites (my favorites) and heavy reds. I also have some apfelwein going, and I'd like to try to brew sake one day, just for kicks.

I'm a member of HomeBrewTalk under the same username. I joined this one because I needed more wine making talk. ;)

Welcome to the forum!

I do both kits and country/fruit wines. Hope to try a juice bucket or two when the juice starts flowing up in the NY Finger Lakes region.

Moved to PA from CT last July. Familiar with the area as there is family on my wife's side that live here in North Central, PA. Also, hunt my brothers property (two younger brothers jointly own for hunting), bought in 1990 I think, in Fulton County, PA.

Welcome...
Its nice to have another PA member added to the list. (Strength in numbers) You will find that this forum provides lots of great info from many seasoned winemakers.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I do both kits and country/fruit wines. Hope to try a juice bucket or two when the juice starts flowing up in the NY Finger Lakes region.

We're thinking about doing juice buckets eventually, too. Probably next year, though, as our pipeline is jammed with kits at the moment.

Welcome to winemakingtalk, glad to see another PA'er!!!!!

Welcome! Now, go out and buy a dozen or so carboys. You're going to eventually, so you might as well just do it now and save the gas. LOL

Welcome! Now, go out and buy a dozen or so carboys. You're going to eventually, so you might as well just do it now and save the gas. LOL

Ain't that the truth! Started in January with one carboy and one primary, now we have two primaries (one for cleaning/sanitizing solution, one that we use for fermentation) and probably about 8 6-gallon carboys, 1 5-gallon, and a handful of 1-gallons. We've nearly outgrown our brew room!

Ain't that the truth! Started in January with one carboy and one primary, now we have two primaries (one for cleaning/sanitizing solution, one that we use for fermentation) and probably about 8 6-gallon carboys, 1 5-gallon, and a handful of 1-gallons. We've nearly outgrown our brew room!

Top work! You've only just begun. :)

Just South and West of @jgmann67, (8) 6 gallon, (6) 5 gallon, (4) 3 gallon, (2) 7.9 gallon fermenters and (1) 20 gallon brute. I need another 6 gallon or I have to bottle a batch. Been at it since November 2014 (did have some stuff from beer brewing for 25+ years).

Welcome to the Forum (and obsession)!

Last edited:
Just South and West of @jgmann67, (8) 6 gallon, (6) 5 gallon, (4) 3 gallon, (2) 7.9 gallon fermenters and (1) 20 gallon brute. I need another 6 gallon or I have to bottle a batch. Been at it since November 2014 (did have some stuff from beer brewing for 25+ years).

Welcome to the Forum (and obsession)!

Wow!! What's the size of your brew room - an entire basement?!

Wow!! What's the size of your brew room - an entire basement?!

I utilize both the basement and the kitchen. I usually ferment whites in the basement and reds upstairs in a nook that leads from the kitchen to the basement. I store all of my wine and age much of it in the basement since it stays around 55*F in the winter and 65-68*F in the summer. I probably only use about 1/4 of the basement since we have laundry and the kids Wii/Nintendo down there. Also have a large platform that was going to have N-gauge track all over it, but never got it setup.

I brew beer too, so I have the grinder and other equipment for that, it's really just one big mess. Started cleaning this weekend but gave up in frustration, so I drank beer and wine instead.

Back