Label Wizard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpmei3xGSqw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpmei3xGSqw[/ame]I hadn't seen this before, thanks for sharing.

I think an even more simple jig could be made and have it accomplish the same accuracy of alignment. Basically I don't see a need for the slider or the ruler, tick marks where the embossed ruler is would suffice. However, being a woodworker I do appreciate the design and function of the Label Wizard jig.

I make and cut my own labels with no guarantee that the edges are at 90 degrees. Eyeballing using the bubble and/or the bottle seam gets my labels on to my satisfaction.

Last edited:
I just use a piece of cut off pic pipe, set the bottle in, push to the side and paste. Course I have come to appreciate a crooked label

I just use a piece of cut off pic pipe, set the bottle in, push to the side and paste. Course I have come to appreciate a crooked label��

I'm not following. Would explain further or post a picture?

Thanks...

Sorry, I'm on the road or I'd post a pic. I cut about a 1 inch ring off a piece of 3 inch pvc pipe. I set it on my bench, put the wine bottle in it upright, push the pipe over till it is against the bottle and use the edge to set the label height. Square is more of a challenge. Easier the closer the pipe inner diameter is to the bottle. Cheap I know, but I'm still saving for a pump!

Sorry, I'm on the road or I'd post a pic. I cut about a 1 inch ring off a piece of 3 inch pvc pipe. I set it on my bench, put the wine bottle in it upright, push the pipe over till it is against the bottle and use the edge to set the label height. Square is more of a challenge. Easier the closer the pipe inner diameter is to the bottle. Cheap I know, but I'm still saving for a pump!

I'm not far from that. A scrap piece of 2x4 on its side up against the bottle gives me the height. I can get pretty square by eyeing it. Not perfect, but cheap and fast.

The Label Wizard works great...we use it all the time now. We like it so much we'll be selling it on our website as well (not until we get the new site up and running though). Having all different size and shape bottles (like I'm sure everyone else here does), the height adjustment definitely come is handy. I can also measure what I've done on an existing bottle and replicate the position when labeling other bottles later. Love it.

I was going to build one of these my self, but all my wood working tools are in storage since I'm currently in an apartment.

I just said screw it and picked one up. I don't mind supporting people who support this hobby with great products. (especially awesome ones like Steve with AIO) I hope this ends up being a great product for me. So far the reviews seem good.

I bought one of these a few weeks back and love it. It works as advertised. No more crooked or misplaced labels. Yeah! That was always one of my pet peeves.

What is on the left hand side that keeps the label from sticking? Looks like a piece of rubber or similar.

Latest posts

Back