Wine Club Recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcbrown73

Clueless Winemaker
Reaction score
So, I've looked at several wine clubs, but after reading reviews and stuff. I'm at a loss at which ones to join.

I'm interested in joining maybe three clubs. Probably two winery based ones that are of very good quality, but don't crazy expensive. ($100-$200 every three months) and one that sends quality wines from all over the place. A mix or reds and whites. (not really interested in super cheap wines like Virgin Wines sends, I can find those at my local wine shop)

I just joined Columbia Crest's club so I will give them a try. I'm also looking at Stag's Leap. Oddly, I have never tried any of their wine.

btw, there is no general wine forum here?!!? Only winemaking forums. So I posted here.

I enjoyed a 6mo membership to K&L Wines Wine Club a few years back. Five levels/types of wines from around the world. No long term commitment, cancel at any time. Not sure they would be a good match since they are on the West coast and you are on the East coast. Stags Leap (Wine Cellars) will cost you a very pretty penny. I would source a bottle of one of their wines first.

I could hook you up with some excellent choices from WA State of course. :)

I enjoyed a 6mo membership to K&L Wines Wine Club a few years back. Five levels/types of wines from around the world. No long term commitment, cancel at any time. Not sure they would be a good match since they are on the West coast and you are on the East coast. Stags Leap (Wine Cellars) will cost you a very pretty penny. I would source a bottle of one of their wines first.

I could hook you up with some excellent choices from WA State of course. :)

I'm open to Washington wines to try. As I said, I really enjoy just trying different wines all the time. I don't know too many producers in Washington, but I've had pretty good luck when I did try them.

I may give K&L a try. Probably their Signature Red Collection, though I like to try whites too.

I've bought a lot of wines from Vivino. Some of them extremely good, though they sometimes sell you terrible wines, but mark them as great wines. They also tell you they are giving you a great deal and many times that definitely isn't the case. I do not like sketchy stuff like that.

Must not be a "wine friendly" state! LOL

Most of the others ship here. I buy more wine online than I do in stores.

I believe they do have some rules that say if the wine can't be sold by local shops, then a local retailer can't sell it. Like Trader Joe's is not allowed to sell their own beer in the state. They can only sell what other local stores can sell. (this is a stupid law)

So, I just received an email from Columbia Crest club. It looks like they are sending me two bottles of the 2013 Red Blend Beverly Vineyard. (or at least that's the best I can figure out with this line item "COL 13 RED BLEND RS BVV 750", and two bottles of 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Wautoma Springs Vineyard "COL 13 CAB S RS WSV 750".

Hopefully they are delicious!

So, I just received an email from Columbia Crest club. It looks like they are sending me two bottles of the 2013 Red Blend Beverly Vineyard. (or at least that's the best I can figure out with this line item "COL 13 RED BLEND RS BVV 750", and two bottles of 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Wautoma Springs Vineyard "COL 13 CAB S RS WSV 750".

Me too! Very excited. Also got an email asking me to vote for blending on the Crowdsourced Cab.

Me too! Very excited. Also got an email asking me to vote for blending on the Crowdsourced Cab.

Yep, what did you do? I went for the bright flavors, but I'm losing that battle with balanced having 53% so far.

Have not had a bad bottle of CC Reserve in the 7 years I have been a member. They are not in your face like some wines and show restraint and balance across the board. You should have gotten an email newsletter that details the wines. I usually just get one of each except for the Reserve (main) Cab Sauv and the Walter Clore Bordeaux blend. I on occasion have reordered a few choice wines. LOL

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 1.26.26 PM.png

I also like the fact that they finally went to paper labels and not etched on labels. I recycle all my bottles and had to toss all the CC reserve for all those years until just this past year when they made the change to paper. :db

Have not had a bad bottle of CC Reserve in the 7 years I have been a member. They are not in your face like some wines and show restraint and balance across the board. You should have gotten an email newsletter that details the wines. I usually just get one of each except for the Reserve (main) Cab Sauv and the Walter Clore Bordeaux blend. I on occasion have reordered a few choice wines. LOL

I didn't get the fact sheet. Maybe they send with the shipping details?

I didn't get it either. Maybe it's because we are such new members and haven't quite made it on to their mailing list yet.

Latest posts

Back