WineXpert World Vineyard Washington Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britwinemaker

Reaction score
Yep, started this one tonight as well :)

Ingredients:
60g Oak Medium Blend
1.6L grape skin pack
Label states 12 L in total

Starting SG when mixed: 1.092

Will update as things progress!

IMG_1181.JPG

Did an RJS WM several years ago. Came out pretty decent and it was, if I remember correctly, a VdV 9L kit. Hope you get good results with your WE kit.

I started this one at the beginning of February. OG was 1090 before taking the skins into account. Finished at 991. Added about 30g of the oak cubes left over from the Stag's Leap Merlot I did last year when I racked into carboy for bulk aging.

Had a little try of it a couple of weeks ago and was impressed already. Will bottle in a month but think it shall be a nice easy drinking Merlot. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Stag's Leap merlot once that's bottled in November.

We are on our second batch and it has become one of the wife's favorites. She finds it to be a decent early drinker. I am sure it would just improve with age but neither kit has lasted that long.

Just cracked a bottle of this to drink whilst watching the olympics. I'm really impressed, has totally surpassed my expectations. It's now 6 months since I pitched the yeast and it tastes very refined already. Great aroma and good depth of flavour, and is already better than my 14 month old Kedridge Showcase Australian Shiraz.

How is yours coming along Britwinemaker?

Latest posts

Back