Eau Clair WI things to see????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, house is done and I'm back to wine making next week but for now We're in Eau Clair for the week and I'm hoping to get some suggestions or must see ideas for the weekend. Thanks mike

The Leine brewery is pretty cool. They do a huge gravity system and show all the levels.

You're pretty close to MSP too if you really want to hit a bigger locale for a day.

Ended up at at River Bend Winery and tasted a Marquette rose for the first time, really nice. Bought 6 different wines then drove over to Yosemite cheese company. Bought some one day old Colby Longhorn, 12 year old cheddar and a few types in between. Might try that brewery tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions. Mike

It's quite a bit south from Eau Claire, but Turtle Rock Brewery and Pearl Street Brewery in the La Crosse/Coulee region are very good. The wineries, though, I have not heard great things.

The purpose of the visit was to see our daughter and new grand son. 4 months old and cute (as any grandparent would say). Met up with some dear and longtime friends of my wife at a restaurant called Bug Eye Betty's, it was really pretty good. Spent time shopping and stocking up for/with the kids. Lot's of meals out including Fuji something?? a japanese hibachi style place similar to Benihanas restaurants out this way and lots and lots of baby sitting. Nice to see such a different part of the states compared to home and really beautiful countryside. Here's a picture of the 1880's house where they live in a town of 1550 people and of course a picture baby Issac.
Mike

Emshouse.jpg

newBaby.jpg

Very cool and congrats! When that little one is older you should make the drive north from them to Amnicon Falls (on the WI/MN border near Duluth). Beautiful place either in summer or as the snow is just melting.

Back