From kit to juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qyhcat

Reaction score
I have been making kits for three years now and thanks to your feedback all are no less than good, some come out great after a year or two in the bottle.

Now, I am about to get two pails of fresh juice from Chile (via Pardo) and would appreciate if anyone has pointers for someone who has only done kits so far.

I have read a few articles on making red from must but believe those have more ingredients that may not apply for red juice, but not sure.

Any link to a handy instructional for red juice winemaking? First time planning to do malo also.

thanks in advance.
luis

http://morewinemaking.com/public/pdf/wredw.pdf

There's a lot more in there than you need for doing juice buckets, but it is a great resource. You can skip the stuff about crush, as that work has already been done for you.

Think of your juice bucket simply as a kit with a few extra steps. You will want a pH meter for measuring acidity, and a chromatography test kit to see if your MLF is complete. Chances are, your buckets will come balanced, and you won't need to add any acid. Check with your supplier to confirm this, then verify by testing your juice prior to fermentation.

Strongly consider adding tannin to this wine - since you are not fermenting on the skins, it will probably be lacking in tannin and slightly in color. All well and good, you just need to adjust accordingly.

Do i rack before mlf? Even if this started with juice?

Latest posts

Back