Enoferm bgy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berrycrush

Reaction score
I am looking for this yeast "Enoferm BGY" aka UCD-51. The smallest pack sold in US I found is 500g which way two much for me. Anyone know a source that sell smaller packs?

Most of Lalleand's products are available in 10g packs. However, I don't see the Enoferm BGY (Burgundy) listed in Lallemand's current catalog. It looks like Enoferm AMH (pinot) and M2 (chard) are the new preferred strains for Burgundian.

Most of Lalleand's products are available in 10g packs. However, I don't see the Enoferm BGY (Burgundy) listed in Lallemand's current catalog. It looks like Enoferm AMH (pinot) and M2 (chard) are the new preferred strains for Burgundian.

Thanks for the info. Where can I order AMH in small packets?

Looks like MoreWine has it, although they show it as an 8g pack. https://morewinemaking.com/products/amh-assmanshaussen-dry-wine-yeast.html?site_id=5

I am pitching my Pinot Noir must with three kinds of yeast and I noticed this AMH is much slower than the other two. Over 8 hours still no sign of bubbles.

I am pitching my Pinot Noir must with three kinds of yeast and I noticed this AMH is much slower than the other two. Over 8 hours still no sign of bubbles.

I wouldn't even begin to worry about this until at least 48 hours. I do recall AMH taking a bit longer to stay than others, but you are still fine.

after two days in primary, I can already tell the AMH retains more of the spicy Pinot nose.

Back