Hello from Indonesia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynn

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone.. I am very clueless about wine or any liquer making. I used to live at California and now its been 3years I moved to Surabaya Indonesia. I tried to convinced my husband to experiement with wine making or even fruit wine or tropical fruit infused vodka(rambutan or banana)..

my beginner question is how we are supposed to start when we cant order online starting wine pack?is it posible to find wine start up pack in chemical store?omgosh,im just saying,where can we even begin?

any pointer will be greatly appreciate. Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Can you get fruits and berries where you now live? i'm think country/fruit wine making may be the best way for you to go.

Welcome to the forum. Wines were made long before there were any ingredient kits. Mite have to try making it the old fashioned way. Go to the beginners forum and ask. We will try and get you some help there. Arne.

Thank you Bkisel. Happy to know everyone so passionate about wine. yes local fruit but not too much berries. now the hardest part are to convience my hubby. wish me luck

Hai Arne. Thank you so much. I'll read more threads then hoping to find anyone that do old fashion way.so far all the threads i've read using kits..and fancy words ☺️how often do you make your wine?

Thank you Bkisel. Happy to know everyone so passionate about wine. yes local fruit but not too much berries. now the hardest part are to convience my hubby. wish me luck

Hi Arne. Thank you so much. I'll read more threads then hoping to find anyone that do old fashion way.so far all the threads i've read using kits..and fancy words ☺️how often do you make your wine?

can you get a hydrometer ? if not you will have to wing it -

What about yeast ? try googling yeast washing = is there anyone that you know that has yeast or makes wine and learn from them ? Bread yeast could work = not the best though

What type of fruits do you have - native ? How high in sugar content ?

Have you tried this place - http://www.wineshopindonesia.com/index.php

Last edited:
Hai Sourgrapes.. Thanks, hopefully this hobby isnt just a fling

Hello Steve,noticed you reply my other post.thanks for all the hints..right now i dont have any hydrometer but i've come across a very easy(hopefully) fruit wine diy with freezing the fruit and pour boil hot water. about the yeast they are this link http://winemakermag.com/guide/yeast
what do you think?which one are good?
native fruit here rambutan,dragonfruit. i usually get some for free.also bananas,durian.didnt really know which fruit is good for fruit wine..although i really tempted to try strawberry wine.

I have some dragonfruit at home,that I plan to experienting with.actually I purposed for my husband to try doing wine making thing.but he doesnt want unless I have all the right equipment.soooo just like you said I "will have to wing it-".

the link is for wine shop thanks though..the price is ridiculus. $30-50/ bottle.maybe I should import some wine myself and open up a wine shop(that'll drive my hubby crazy if not)

Last edited:
hi all, just updating my progress.. i made a batch with grape,dark cherry,red dragonfruit, add sugar, and rice. because i wasnt expacting to use so much fruit thats why i added rice. my hubby said i most likely killed my yeast when i pitch.but i just mix everything anyway.smell very yeast-y. i bought hydrometer but havent any clue how to use it. got my stuff from a little store at singapore. now i have plastic carboy and also container with airlock. filled the container only a quater even with rice. just sharing my first experience. drop any comment. appreciate your time reading my post.

ciaoo

Welcome back! Here is a good video on how to read you hydrometer: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty7PAJaBsts"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty7PAJaBsts[/ame]

Hey, good to be hearing back from you!

When did you pitch the yeast? You should notice fermentation beginning in 24-48 hours. If not then you've likely got a problem.

Thank you for the link sour_G!

Hi Bkisel,
my "pitch" actually rehyradating dry yeasy but water too hot#classic mistake. added another package of yeast.now its bubbling

fyi and im also add more fruit(banana and another local fruit-mix) now, i have at least half container. i hope everything works well. there are little flies that try to go in the container because i didnt seal it tight. can i recommend forum to try red dragonfruit?it makes a very pink color. not like white zinf but bright pink. i cant wait for next batch. this hobby is fun. sorry for sharing too much. just very excited. thank you all for the help

Back